COACH LEAVES DUGOUT DRAMA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
IF there was any calculation in this coach leaving....someone did the math wrong... Because the rippling negative fallout impacted an entire team, other coaches and parents.

Seems even IF plausible or reasonable Q&A after the incident....
* Negative impact is what happened from coach leaving.

I agree that it would require some serious heart-to-hearts with the rest of the coaching staff, the team, and even the parents. However, I have more respect for a coach who recognizes that he/she needs to remove his- or herself from a situation before they do something far more destructive. Even at that, to just disappear is not acceptable. A simple, "Hey Bob, I need you to take the team for a bit. I need to go cool off and we'll talk about it later."

Instead, too many coaches make a fool of themselves. They have tantrums in the dugout, berate their players, and think getting themselves ejected from a game is inspiring to their players.

May 6, 2015
They have tantrums in the dugout, berate their players, and think getting themselves ejected from a game is inspiring to their players.

in rare (RARE) instance, this can actually work. say for instance when a team is getting hosed (and their are officials/umpires/referees in every sport at all levels with agendas that make them less than impartial), it can let the players know

-yes, i see we are getting hosed
-I am not going to allow you to get hosed this way without doing SOMETHING
-I will deal with this, so you do not have to

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish