Coach about to "POP

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have never heard of a contractual HS coach being eligible for disability.

By now, the coach has probably been shown this post and I imagine the problem has gotten worse, instead of better.

Oct 21, 2009
It is beyond me, why players stay with programs like the one you described. Girls do not need HS softball, to play at another level. Just have your DD turn in her uniform and wish the coach best.

While I do have some feelings about the OP's choice of wording, I have stronger feelings on encouraging a player to quit in the middle of a season. The conditions would have to be alot more severe before I encouraged or allowed my child to quit. What are you teaching children?

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Too many parents don't understand HS softball. It is basically dumb luck if a kid is on a good HS team. There are some programs that consistently have good teams, but so what? No thinking parent would ever select a home based upon the quality of the HS softball team. So, parents should just relax and enjoy the ride. If you think you are going to get Mike Candreas to coach the Gwinn Model Towners, think again.

My DD is coaching a freshman HS team. The kids' faces when they got that uniform were beautiful. They were transformed from snarly teenagers into a bunch of giggling 8 YOA girls on Christmas morning.

Parents and coaches often forget how much joy there is in simply being with friends and playing the game.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Because, we see post after post about some miserable coach, miserable player, and miserable family. I have never experienced any of this. But, if a program was so poorly run that no one is learning anything, no one is having fun, and I am pouring my money down a rat hole, I would certainly not be involved in it. Sometimes you have to remove yourself from the problem and not add to it.

Most knew what the program was like, because it had been like this year after year. Girls are much better off spending their time in AP classes and studying, if they want to play in college.

Feb 9, 2009
I agree that it isn't the fact that she's ready to pop. It's the fact that she's a lousy coach....
A long time ago, when I was 8 months preggers with my first kid, I was still pitching to the HS girls I was coaching. It stopped when they all got behind home plate, crossed their arms, and in agreement refused to play until I got off the field. They were afraid that one of them was going to hurt my baby. So, I coached from behind the dugout fence. We all do it differently...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes