CO Sparkler All-American selection criteria???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
So my pitching DD went out there in her All-Star game and from what I saw just cleaned-up on batters. In that format she took her two innings given (the last two) and struck-out 4 out of seven faced where the only baserunner was an infield hit that the third baseman did not cut it off on a slap. The rest were weak infield pops & grounders.

In batting she went 1-2 with a fly-out and a great line single.

She was the fastest pitcher by a noticable margin. She did all the prescribed behaviors etc.

The format has at the end of each game a real-time selection of "All-American" players that were the best of the game to play in an All-American game today. My DD here did not get one of those offers.

So after the game I was approached by those wondering where DD's invite was to the All-American games. It was at this point where I was starting to realize it wasn't just my daddy-glasses in action but there was a general shock she didn't get the All-American offer. In fact many stated after seeing a bunch of other All-star games that my DD was probably the best pitching seen in those games.

So what I want to ask y'all here is does anyone know what the All-American selection process is for the CO Sparkler All-Stars? Is there a chance a kid can perform too well where the All-Star game coaches (which are smaller school coaches) look at somebody as not within their reach? Is it because we didn't proactively get on the mailings to those coaches running the All-Stars? Or is it probably just one of those things in life that will not have definition....?

We really don't care too much but I am just scratching my head on the logic.

Any insights?

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Perhaps someone who participated would have better answers. I do believe the All American game begins with nominations from the coach of her team. With so many teams playing, I don't know how much stock goes into a single game performance. I would start by asking her coach what they know about it. If you get a deer in the headlights look, that would be the answer.

Dec 7, 2011
Our TB coach did a great job getting DD into the All-Star games. I think that's where his job ends with this.

The selection process I am asking about is for the All-American games. This is where the best-of-the-best from the All-Star games get selected by the actual attending & coaching college coaches of those same All-Star games. (this is the cool thing about the All-Star games in that they are coached by actual college coaches)

Again maybe DD burped or said the wrong thing in the All-star game dug-out. That's always a chance I guess. But I am very curious on the actual selection process criteria for the "All-Americans". I want to make sure that if DD gets a chance to do this again next year that we do all the "right things". Again it seems like we missed something that was required beyond playing the best.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC