c'mon April 1st!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
The field we cleared is nearly ready to be gone over with a deep drag and the girls should be able to use the infield (Outfield still very wet). Spent several hours cutting trenches and pushing water around over the weekend trying to get it to dry out. Temps today and tom. going to be in the upper 20's to low 30's and then warm up. Hopping for the first home game on the 12th of April. Have a game in Rice Lake scheduled for Friday...anyone in that area? Should I get my hopes up?

Jun 26, 2010
DD had her first HS scrimmage outdoors yesterday. Coaches took advantage of the opportunity and kept them out there for three hours. Nice to see her enthusiasm for the season starting. She's out to prove to the coaches she should be on JV1 instead of JV2 (freshman).

Dec 7, 2011
Update:

Woke up this morning to the attached pic.

I wann punch Al Gore in the nose.....

This weekends tourney - cancelled.

Next dream of a game is this Monday.

Geeeeeeesh......

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 10
Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
My 12U son had his season opener last night - clear skies but howling winds; worse wind I've ever experienced, and we routinely get 90 mph gusts here. DD and her friends showed up for about 10 minutes then bugged out. Kudos to the boys for pulling out a win in such miserable conditions.
DD's team is playing this weekend; snow in the forecast for Tuesday - fits and starts with lots of field raking - thus is our April so far.

Jun 24, 2011
menomonee falls, wi
Man, the forecast said rain and snow mixed overnight and I woke up to a dry driveway,
I was pretty happy. I guess it didn't go so well further north.....

I'm banking on my guess of the 13th being spot on. I probably could have gotten a little
side action out of Banditscoach, as of Thursday night it wasn't looking too bad..

Dec 7, 2011
We have scheduled games Mon Tues Thu Fri (Fri dbl-hdr)

Monday has rain in the forecast. Tues the 9th might be the winner (whoever that is)

Dec 7, 2011
Update -

Monday (today) postponed.
Tuesday postponed.

Latest forecast has rain starting again tomorrow morning and lasting through Wednesday night where it changes over to snow where we will then be graced with roughly a foot of the new white fluffy crap from the depths of hell.

BTW - my punch in the nose for Al Gore has now graduated to a full-fledged UFC-style beat-down......

Jul 19, 2008
Where in WI are you? I am in central Wi, just west of Wausau. We are dealing with the same thing, except I saw 2-4" for us possible. We have one diamond thats bare but its a short field and is rather soft yet. Rain forecasted is going to hurt the prospects of playing in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs