Closing ceremonies

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2009
You should always write that stuff down. Just like the waitress that doesn't use a pad, it never goes right 100% of the time, they always screw something up!

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I guess this is a bit confusing... someone who deserves thanks, but doesn't expect it, and doesn't get it, that's ok. But someone who deserves it, and EXPECTS it, but doesn't get it, that's a wrong and deserving of an apology (which he said he did) ???

The Golden Rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated, not the way you are treated. Ever heard the story of Jesus washing the feet of his disciples? Same basic concept. A leader has different responsibilities than everyone else. The Golden Rule is a fundamental concept in all religions--Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Confucianism, Buddhism. It is pretty sound advice for all of us.

I've served on the boards of a couple of baseball/softball organizations. Parents complain about HCs quite a bit. Having a sponsor and ACs complain about an HC is pretty rare. This could really get nasty.

As I stated, the parents of the ACs over-reacted. You have to trust me on this--for the HC to go in and say "They are a bunch of over-reacting idiots" is *not* what the Board of a softball organization wants to hear. They want to hear the coach say, "Yes, I made a mistake. But, to make it right I did ...."

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Ray I'm not sure what direction you are trying to go with your remark but I have put in a lot more time and energy to my program than anyone else has and I never get a thank you?? Not even from my girls or parents???

Then something is really strange here if neither the players or parents have said "thank you" to you, the head coach, numerous times throughout the season? For assistant coaches to get that upset about not being recognized over the PA, there HAS to be more going on than that minor slight during the season.

In general, if the players and parents respect the coach, they will give him/her the benefit of the doubt if and when they make some mistakes. Is it possible, that your perception of the season might be different than that of your assistant coaches and parents?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207