Choosing DD’s Position.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
What is the best position to try to train a girl in that is small/medium size and athletic. I feel I can train her for any position and she would be one of the best at that position. What do I try to lean her towards? Of course, at age of 9, I want her learning a little about all but....
2nd base. If she has a strong arm then SS & 3rd are also good options.

Feb 3, 2016
What is the best position to try to train a girl in that is small/medium size and athletic. I feel I can train her for any position and she would be one of the best at that position. What do I try to lean her towards? Of course, at age of 9, I want her learning a little about all but....
SS, 2nd and CF need speed. The lateral movement and ability to charge a ball or open up and track a ball in the OF will always be in need. Size is inconsequential.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Jan 22, 2011
I told a buddy of mine just after his daughter turned nine to invest in hitting lessons, because if she could hit, they will play her.

Make sure she has proper throwing mechanics. Once they turn 11, it takes a ton of reps to fix incorrect throwing mechanics. I almost think if you don't fix it before they are 11, its impossible to fully fix. www.highlevelthrowing.com

Try her at catcher. In 10u I've tried several girls who "don't look like catchers" that turn out to be reasonable catchers and love the position. www..catchingcamp.com

Get her some reps in the outfield. One of my favorite plays in 10u is right fielders throwing someone out at 1st or 2nd.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red