Change Up with IR/BI

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Just as Fastpitch dad said my daughter normally runs 17-19 revs but her CU is a pretty consistent 23. Has same spin axis as her drop curve and when you put the two pitches side by side video can’t tell the difference between them. She started CU by trying to throw a flip change and it sort of morphed in to something a little different but results have been good so haven’t messed with it.

Any chance of seeing a video?

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin

Thank you for the videos, i really can't make out how they are thrown though. If i am seeing correctly i am still seeing alot of the front of the ball as it passes the hip. Just too grainy I cannot see where the hand is at release. Thank you for sharing though, i appreciate it.

Apr 28, 2014
Thank you for the videos, i really can't make out how they are thrown though. If i am seeing correctly i am still seeing alot of the front of the ball as it passes the hip. Just too grainy I cannot see where the hand is at release. Thank you for sharing though, i appreciate it.

She releases the ball plam.down with a tight counter clockwise spin. Think opening a jar of pickles (that's what she says) where the ball is the jar lid. The more spin the later the drop. She varies spin for different looks.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
She releases the ball plam.down with a tight counter clockwise spin. Think opening a jar of pickles (that's what she says) where the ball is the jar lid. The more spin the later the drop. She varies spin for different looks.
Thanks, the pickle jar comment helps. I assume when you state she releases with palm down, that her fingers are pointed at the ground as well? And then she is actively twisting the lid counter clockwise (if the clock were facing up) to spin? How many RPS is she getting with that? Without the active snap of the fingers at release like on the drop or rise, i just still cannot figure how there can be that much spin. Thanks again.

Apr 28, 2014
Thanks, the pickle jar comment helps. I assume when you state she releases with palm down, that her fingers are pointed at the ground as well? And then she is actively twisting the lid counter clockwise (if the clock were facing up) to spin? How many RPS is she getting with that? Without the active snap of the fingers at release like on the drop or rise, i just still cannot figure how there can be that much spin. Thanks again.
Yes
Fingers pointed down. Last time we had her on the rev fire it was 24 -27.2 rps

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Its just like this release
Shes not that good.. obviously lol

Ok thanks again. If i watch the revs on yukiko’s pitch it looks like it is around 15 or so RpS. I see about 6 revs in this video. I forget the math but think it would need to be almost 2x that to get to 24-27 rps. Sorry if I am being an a$$ just trying to find out what to focus on. Again I will try to get video of DD to show release to compare.

Apr 28, 2014
Ok thanks again. If i watch the revs on yukiko’s pitch it looks like it is around 15 or so RpS. I see about 6 revs in this video. I forget the math but think it would need to be almost 2x that to get to 24-27 rps. Sorry if I am being an a$$ just trying to find out what to focus on. Again I will try to get video of DD to show release to compare.
Maybe over thinking it a bit. IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying