Change Up with IR/BI

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Maybe over thinking it a bit. IMO
Haha, that's what my wife tells me as well. I am not sure i am overthinking, just believe that some think this is possible, and i have a hard time believing it. See the 'release and spin Gifs' thread. I just posted on there based on Gourley who was thought to have a high rev CU. You can see it is not. I just don't want to try and tell my DD to torque and spin on the CU if that isn't what is needed. Just like the riseball rising, i think the Flip CU is not a Flip with high revs, just a horseshoe release with medium twisty revs.

https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/release-and-spin-gifs.31736/

Apr 28, 2014
Haha, that's what my wife tells me as well. I am not sure i am overthinking, just believe that some think this is possible, and i have a hard time believing it. See the 'release and spin Gifs' thread. I just posted on there based on Gourley who was thought to have a high rev CU. You can see it is not. I just don't want to try and tell my DD to torque and spin on the CU if that isn't what is needed. Just like the riseball rising, i think the Flip CU is not a Flip with high revs, just a horseshoe release with medium twisty revs.

https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/release-and-spin-gifs.31736/
How old is your DD?

Apr 28, 2014
Going into second year 14u.
Gotcha.
I worried about a lot of that when DD was younger. Then let it go.
She was first team all state at 6A level..20-3 with 270ks. As a sophomore. Spin rate has less to do with it then desire and hard work.
The very fact that you're here tells me that you and your DD care a lot. That's most of the battle!
Your DD will be fine!!

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Gotcha.
I worried about a lot of that when DD was younger. Then let it go.
She was first team all state at 6A level..20-3 with 270ks. As a sophomore. Spin rate has less to do with it then desire and hard work.
The very fact that you're here tells me that you and your DD care a lot. That's most of the battle!
Your DD will be fine!!

Appreciate that. Thanks for the encouragement. There are so many things to be worried about. Didn’t need to be derailed by what doesn’t matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812