CF question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Does a CF3 and 4 swing similar to the newer CF's? DD has always been an Easton fan, but hit with CF7 and really liked it. Thinking about getting one and will be looking for a BP bat to go with it.

Mar 24, 2014
Been using the cf8 insane for about a month. Also have a cf3 and cf4 (both balanced) to use for batting practice don't use any cf bats on pitching machine). DD likes all the bats and doesn't have any issues between the new insane bat with the older balanced bats.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
The CF7 is almost universally regarded as the worst of the CF bats. The CF3 and 4 should have more pop but may or may not be tough to find in good condition. The CF8 is supposed to be much better.

All that said, the LS LXT is becoming the "go-to" bat in my area, almost nobody is swinging Demarinis anymore.

CF7 would not be my first choice. The CF8 seems to be better, but it sure isn't a CF5.

Like was mentioned above, the Louisville Slugger LXT is probably the best light-swinging balanced bat out there right now. And with the DeMarini price increase, I believe it represents better value, as well.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
CF7 would not be my first choice. The CF8 seems to be better, but it sure isn't a CF5.

Like was mentioned above, the Louisville Slugger LXT is probably the best light-swinging balanced bat out there right now. And with the DeMarini price increase, I believe it represents better value, as well.

To be honest, the Demarini is the same price as the LXT so it only increased to what their competition was at.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
We have a girl on our team with a mint condition CF5 in her bat bag, she "had to have a LXT". Im keeping a close eye on it !! The CF7 from what Ive seen is not so great, and the LS bats are dominating in my area. I will say that it seems to me, I may be wrong, but folks do fall in love with the older bats believing they are hotter or better when actually they may have been better compared to the bats that were made at the time but what about current bats vs older? Like the Earlier CF's vs the 15, 16 LS bats ?? I just don't see how you can legally get much hotter than these LS bats now. Are folks talking pre stamp bats etc? Just my .02

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Real quick because this has been talked about a lot. The older bats took longer to break in but never
stopped getting better and better. So some of the older bats with thousands of hits are the hottest things
ever. Honestly, a lot of those older bats with thousands of swings probably wouldnt pass compression if tested
so not "technically" legal...but if not tested, swing away...haha
Meanwhile, todays bats are much hotter out of the wrapper than the older models but will not
get as hot as the older bats used to get.

Quick and concise for ya.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The Xeno is not its competitor...the CF8's competitor is the Mako and LXT.

Just because other bat manufacturers have mutiple high end bats, doesnt mean the CF line should be compared to
the Xeno at the lower price range. The Mako didnt start off at 349 either. I will differ with you on saying the Xeno
is hands down winner.

With some of the things you say, I almost would think you have something going on with LS...haha :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie