Cause/Fix of Righty hitting every pitch to right field

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
Part of the problem I believe is that she is fairly tall (5'10") and strong and swings a 34" bat (the ones we own are fairly heavy). Pitching machine hitting especially she is behind; games this weekend hit one to short, one to left center and most all of the rest were to right field.

I believe then the question is how to teach her to speed up her swing; I really dont want to change to a lighter bat.

Thanks for all the input!

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Never choke up on the bat, unless you want her to be an contact hitter with no power Don't move her in the box, as it will change her timing. These type of fixes will not help fix the root cause. . Chocking up will change the sweet spot and the bat cannot stay in the Big Zone on the plane of the pitch for the amount of time you need to react.. See the post I made below on the Barry Bonds Drill. This will help her speed up her bat, as it forces the kids to react to different pitch speeds.

Aug 21, 2008
We used the Barry Bonds drill and the two tee drill this weekend. She really liked both and hit more up the middle and a couple to left.

When she hits it solidly, she usually hits a line drive. When she doesnt hit a line drive, almost every grounder she hits is a "chunker" in my vocabulary (hits 2-5 feet in front of home plate on the ground) and goes directly back to the pitcher. Any thoughts on things to look at? Rolling of wrists? Drop of hands? If she is cued to stay high and to "hammer" at the ball, it does help some. Thanks for the feedback. I really enjoy the forum and appreciate all input. Kgertie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13