Catcher's Sunglasses

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2011
Hi All-

I'm looking for some sunglasses for my daughter to be able to wear under her catcher's helmet. I know there's been a lot of discussion about catchers taking their helmets off, so I hate to say it, but she DOES take her helmet off (older style, not the hockey-style). She needs something that won't get in the way of that, and that will also stay on when she does it...Any suggestions?

Don

Mar 10, 2010
Richmond, VA
My daughter wears rec specs, similar to these: Rec Specs Maxx-20 Sunglasses
Hers are prescription (got them from Lenscrafters), but I'm sure you can get them as just plain sunglasses. They come with an elastic headband that she doesn't use, and they sit tight to her face so they don't get in the way when she takes off her mask.

Apr 14, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions...she is so picky about some of her accessories! I think I'm going to have to find a local place so she can try some on. But I like the idea of getting them through an optometrist - then we can use our vision insurance!

Jul 14, 2010
New England
I have a pair of Nike Skylon Ace's. They haven't cause me any problems so far, but when I put my mask on I kind of have to put the face part on first and then pull the back-of-the-head plate over my head (I have a hockey style mask). I used to put the back plate on first and then just pull the mask on from the chin area but that pulls my sunglasses off my ears. I hope that makes sense :)

Mar 13, 2010
but she DOES take her helmet off (older style, not the hockey-style)

Perhaps it's worth getting her the new helmet instead? they're much more comfortable.

Tinted sunshade in the catchers mask is not legal in ASA play.

What idiotic reason is there for that?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA