Catchers Mitt Size

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
If you're using justballgloves, buy a few and send back the ones your DD doesn't like. Their return policy is awesome.

Mar 21, 2019
If you're using justballgloves, buy a few and send back the ones your DD doesn't like. Their return policy is awesome.

Yeah I wasn’t set on where to order from that’s where that one just happened to be. We actually have to go to Columbus Ohio this weekend for basketball so figured while we are there hit up a big sporting goods store and let her try some on. Look online if it’s a significant savings buy online. All these 70-100 dollar range gloves I’ve been finding 45-70 ranges online. Nice to know about justballgloves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 21, 2019
I initially wanted this one for her but the experience with the franchise one has me gun shy to order it. Pretty good deal on it though.
6f8aff013b68e510cc87bf82ebdff44e.jpg

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yeah I wasn’t set on where to order from that’s where that one just happened to be. We actually have to go to Columbus Ohio this weekend for basketball so figured while we are there hit up a big sporting goods store and let her try some on. Look online if it’s a significant savings buy online. All these 70-100 dollar range gloves I’ve been finding 45-70 ranges online. Nice to know about justballgloves

I think you just got a random dud. I've never had an issue getting my hand in any full-size Miz glove or mitt.

The thing I like about JBG's policy is that you can break it in an use it to see if it's really the right one. I think my DD was 11 or 12, and in need of a new mitt. I order 3 from JBG. She quickly eliminated 1. The other 2 she used in practices and games, and found that she was better holding on to the ball with one better than the other. It totally eliminated the guess work.

Mar 21, 2019
I think you just got a random dud. I've never had an issue getting my hand in any full-size Miz glove or mitt.

The thing I like about JBG's policy is that you can break it in an use it to see if it's really the right one. I think my DD was 11 or 12, and in need of a new mitt. I order 3 from JBG. She quickly eliminated 1. The other 2 she used in practices and games, and found that she was better holding on to the ball with one better than the other. It totally eliminated the guess work.

Wow that’s incredible! I’m honestly leaning that way too. I know I have big hands but I’m much larger than the average human and I can get my hand in almost every adult glove and I couldn’t remotely start to get that glove on. I mean I can get it in her 31” glove. They had two others of the same there I shoulda walked back and checked but she didn’t seem that jazzed about it after she put it on so I didn’t. May run her to a big store in Marietta tonight and see what they got.

Nov 18, 2015
Well the miz was short lived. I couldn’t get my hand in it but [...] just by loosening the Velcro strap on 31” Wilson I could squeeze my hand into it

Unless you're daughter has the same hand size (especially finger thickness) - I suggest you resist the urge to squeeze your hand into any future glove purchases.

Especially on newer fastpitch models, the finger stalls are made smaller for a youth / female hand. When Dad's hand gets in there instead (usually with the best of intentions during that "is it ready yet" break-in period), you inadvertently end up stretching out fingers, and it no longer conforms to her hand as well as before. (The leather used on the interior / finger stalls, IIRC, is typically thinner than the exterior pieces).

Mar 21, 2019
Well found main reason for the struggle. She’s a dummy-o. Had her put her glove on she was putting her middle finger in the index finger slot and index finger outside the glove. really kid? It’s still not ideal but at least squeezing down doesn’t pop the ball out and new glove isn’t as pressing. We’ll let her try several and pick one she likes best and spend a lil more money.

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
When Dad's hand gets in there instead (usually with the best of intentions during that "is it ready yet" break-in period), you inadvertently end up stretching out fingers, and it no longer conforms to her hand as well as before.

Is that accurate or is it a common myth? I've used my daughter and son's glove multiple times, and I just can't say there's a difference. My hands aren't large, but they are bigger than my kid's hands. It looks like stretching/shaping the finger stalls would take more time than that, but I'm not a glove or leather expert. I have seen this guy make gloves though. Here he is turning the finished finger stalls right side out. That thing he uses is way bigger than my hands.

Attachments

• 1200x791.jpg
    1200x791.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 18
Mar 21, 2019
Grey and chocolate. That’s a sweet looking mitt.
59dd84a259630b1c61ef10c96b8a5ada.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA