Catchers Mitt Size

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
At 9yo, my DD was using a 34" Mizuno GXS92 (about equal to the current MVP-series). At 10, an Akadema AEA65 34". My DD has tended to be a little above average for height and strength.

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
DD is currently in an Easton that she tried at 8 years old, and still likes it. She's starting to practice with the All-Star CMW3000(I believe they've changed it to CMW3001 this year), and it's up to her whether she starts using it in games or not. Our pitchers aren't throwing very hard so the Easton still works for her. It's really a lot like a first base mitt, and she'll sneak it out into the field if the coaches don't tell her not to. The All-Star has a lot more protection, and a lot better pocket, but is 2 oz heavier, so there's a bit of an adjustment, and she's always sentimental about her equipment.

Mar 21, 2019
At 9yo, my DD was using a 34" Mizuno GXS92 (about equal to the current MVP-series). At 10, an Akadema AEA65 34". My DD has tended to be a little above average for height and strength.

Yeah mines 5’4” and built like a middle linebacker so I was gonna go ahead and go 34” on this glove just shocked how small the hand opening was on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 21, 2019
Prolly buy her a Wilson900 34”. I really like the Wilson gloves. Soft leather for a cheaper glove break in pretty easy

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yeah mines 5’4” and built like a middle linebacker so I was gonna go ahead and go 34” on this glove just shocked how small the hand opening was on it.

One of the concerns for young players is weight, but at that size and build, it's probably not as much of a concern. That said, a Wilson A2000, Rawlings Liberty Advanced, or Vinci JCV34 might be too much.

Interesting about your issues with the Miz. With the exception of her first 31.5" Miz mitt, I have been able to use all of the mitts she's had with no issues. My hands are pretty average.

Mar 21, 2019
One of the concerns for young players is weight, but at that size and build, it's probably not as much of a concern. That said, a Wilson A2000, Rawlings Liberty Advanced, or Vinci JCV34 might be too much.

Interesting about your issues with the Miz. With the exception of her first 31.5" Miz mitt, I have been able to use all of the mitts she's had with no issues. My hands are pretty average.

Yeah the first catchers mitt she ever used was a miz 31” and it fit fine honestly think it was just defective like the hole the webbing ran through was punched in wrong spot bc the lady at the store that took it back tried to get her hand in it and could barely do it and she was a small tiny woman smaller than my daughter. She rang it back as defective for the hand opening. Yeah I just don’t want to spend the $200 plus at this point. I’d like to get her a shoeless Jane glove they look really nice.

May 3, 2019
My 10yo is on the shorter side but is built very solidly. Currently using a custom 33” from Soto gloves in Long Beach Ca. Nice soft leather with a good break in.

Mar 21, 2019

I like that I was looking at this one too.
b66995d745b2ea8fb97cbfca82597580.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA