Catcher helmet

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

HG1

May 3, 2018
Daughter is currently using a Schutt and loves it but it’s pretty banged up. Any suggestions? Looking for something as light as possible. Thanks.

Nov 18, 2015
Get another Schutt?

If the current one fits well and gives her the protection you fell she needs, I’d just find a new one.

Is there anything about the current one she doesn’t like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HG1

May 3, 2018
Well she has complained about it being heavy on her head/neck sometimes. I was wondering if they made a lighter helmet for that reason. I’m not sure any would be so much lighter she would actually feel a difference. It’s hard to find weights of them.

JRG

Aug 2, 2017
Well she has complained about it being heavy on her head/neck sometimes. I was wondering if they made a lighter helmet for that reason. I’m not sure any would be so much lighter she would actually feel a difference. It’s hard to find weights of them.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD has had every manufacture of catchers equipment made at one time or another. Honestly, there are no truly light helmets due to the padding necessary to mitigate the impact related forces. IDK which Schutt she has but the AirMaxx is one of the lightest out there and offers the best protection IMO as it uses the same tech and gel padding (opposed to the dense foam of many others) as their football helmets gleaned from years of impact study from the NCAA and NFL games.

May 6, 2015
DD has had every manufacture of catchers equipment made at one time or another. Honestly, there are no truly light helmets due to the padding necessary to mitigate the impact related forces. IDK which Schutt she has but the AirMaxx is one of the lightest out there and offers the best protection IMO as it uses the same tech and gel padding (opposed to the dense foam of many others) as their football helmets gleaned from years of impact study from the NCAA and NFL games.
DD loves her schutt airmaxx

my $0.02 on helmets, stay away form the ever popular black or other dark colors, on three game days on a hot sunny day, turns a dark helmet into a little oven

Sep 13, 2020
DD loves her schutt airmaxx

my $0.02 on helmets, stay away form the ever popular black or other dark colors, on three game days on a hot sunny day, turns a dark helmet into a little oven
Yeah, tell DD1 that. We got her new gear in the off season and she was happy with any color as long as it was black.

Of course her prior gear was black as well and she's caught plenty of back to back games in 95+ weather. Don't know how she does it.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD strongly disliked the Schutt Airmaxx (fit), and hated the Force3 (ugly and heavy). She has been using an Easton Pro-X for about 2 years and has been very happy with it, but it's mostly about personal fit. My DD didn't like the fit of the All-Star helmet either. Wilson was okay.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying