Carrying bags for pop-up canopies

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
our national in No VA this weekend this would have been a no go. 5 games in a row (between 15 and 30 minute breaks), swapping fields twice in there (A, then B, then B, then A, then A), so hot, needed shade during games (110 heat index)
And by yesterday it dropped to 77, today humidity is down to 45% - had a DH last night in the same area with near perfect softball weather . We played across the river in MD this weekend. They shortened each game by 10 minutes. I heard a baseball tournament in Fredericksburg switched as many as they could to evening games. Guess that would have made too much sense for the softball powers-that-be.

The Arctic Cove "bucket fans" will be going into the team budget for next season - they were sold out on the east coast by the time us newbs started looking for them.

5 games in a row - yikes - at some point that's just stupidity (negligence?) when the heat index is 110-115. Glad you guys made it through - looks like it was a good run.

And to go back on-topic - I like the umbrella idea - 8x8 canopies are nearly useless, and the bigger ones do get awfully heavy.

May 6, 2015
And by yesterday it dropped to 77, today humidity is down to 45% - had a DH last night in the same area with near perfect softball weather . We played across the river in MD this weekend. They shortened each game by 10 minutes. I heard a baseball tournament in Fredericksburg switched as many as they could to evening games. Guess that would have made too much sense for the softball powers-that-be.

The Arctic Cove "bucket fans" will be going into the team budget for next season - they were sold out on the east coast by the time us newbs started looking for them.

5 games in a row - yikes - at some point that's just stupidity (negligence?) when the heat index is 110-115. Glad you guys made it through - looks like it was a good run.

And to go back on-topic - I like the umbrella idea - 8x8 canopies are nearly useless, and the bigger ones do get awfully heavy.

yeah, no games started after 440 all weekend, seemed odd. the one time we prayed for 8 am starts, never got a one.

as for 5 in a row, they fell into losers bracket after one game sat, had to win 3 to get out of losers bracket to play last undefeated team (double elim), beat them first game, then lost second 1-0. great gritty performance by the girls.

yeah, the huge canopy DW bought weighs a TON, it has wheels, but feels like it is pullig my arm out of it's socket when dragging it. I will not drag it further than 50 feet without wagon. nice part is either long end can fold down partically or fully (but does not reach ground) to help with extreme angles, or wind when cold, or directional rain, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA