Can't livestream at World Series Orlando?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
We are here this week in Orlando. There is no livestreaming we were told by the FL USSSA officials we know because Disney/ESPN was asking a VERY large amount from USSSA to stream the games. We are talking well into the high 5-figures for the whole tournament.

And yes wagons. ESPN is allowing coolers (no glass, no alcohol). The other parks are being more liberal this year as well, but that could change on a moments notice

Yes on the GoPros. We had ours up today. No problem

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
DD is going to USSSA World Series in Orlando next week. I got a text today from our orgs older team today saying they said "no livestreaming games" has anyone else heard this? Do you really think they will enforce it? I was going to do it so the family members who couldn't come can watch.

If it involves money, Disney(ESPN) isn't going to cut anyone any slack. I would venture to say if they catch people streaming, those folks will be asked to leave the complex.

When Disney first opened the complex, a friend of mine was the assignor for all softball games there. He told me to stop by when I was in Orlando and he would give me a tour of the facilities. Disney denied him access. Said if anyone wants to see the complex, s/he would have to pay an admission price. This isn't the only reason I refuse to support any Disney enterprise, but it is one of them.

Jun 9, 2016
We are in Orlando as well. This is the third year we have played in this tournament and I have seen it go from expensive to let's see how much money we can get from these teams and parents. It has always provided good competition, however now we can travel halfway across the US and play better teams for the same cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
We have streamed all our games ourselves with no issues from venue staff...

For us this is a reasonable cost tourney since we can drive 3 hours and be here and FL resident rates on local attractions make out-of-state people cry if they look

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06