Cannonball & Pridefpsb17

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 11, 2009
I see another tornado hit St. Louis last night. You guys are getting pounded and I hope you are OK!! Please let us know you are OK.
Thanks
Mike

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Man, I see that the airport took a major hit. I had relatives that flew out of there earlier and my son flies out of Chicago, today.

I am always afraid that St. Louis will have major damage, anyway. (It sits so low and flat and is on the river.) Oh, and it is near a fault line. Us Cub fans wouldn't know what to do. :)

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Amy, just about have had enough of the winters and rainy springs here! Just told DH last night that I was gonna tell you that we're gonna pack up and move down your way. . .LOL!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Are there just the 3 of you? 'Cause I got room. We would drive our spouses nuts, with softball. And your DD would have to listen to me babble on about games in O'Fallon and Creve Coeur, Mo. 40 years ago. "Well, we didn't even have helmets, back then."

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
To add insult to injury, the fields where my DD plays league games (Kirkwood) will be underwater by the end of the day. The tornados and storms did their damage, now the rising rivers will do theirs.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Amy, LOL!!!

Jinjet95, the HS season is taking a beating here. Not much going on with all the rain. Kirkwood, if I recall correctly, is really down in a hole and doesn't take a whole lot to fill it up ;-). Take care!

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Hey all, we not only have had major rain, we are moving in to our new house. Can you believe that? Of course I don't have to worry about playing games. We are supposed to have one more day of rain after today and then maybe it will quiet down some. I know this weekend for prom, it is supposed to rain Saturday. Jinjet95, we have probably run in to each other. My dd spends a lot of time over at the Atletix Factory where, I believe your daughter takes lessons. BB plays ball for Brett Swip, Cindy Z ... and the Extreme Elite Program.

BTW, one of those tornadoes hit Lambert Airport and then skipped to Granite City. From there, it skipped over our house/town and then set down again about 5 miles east of us. It stayed on the ground for 22 miles after that but was mostly through farm land. Thank God for that. St. Louis was severly hit. The footage of the area around Lambert Airport and Lambert itself is amazing.

We are supposed to play tomorow but little chance of that happening with a 75% chance of rain again. However, we are excited to play Thursday and Friday. Friday's game will be against many of the girls I have coached during the summer since they were all 10. My dd's best friends are on that team. It will be exciting. Since I know my dd doesn't read this site, the O'Fallon girls are planning a surprise birthday party for her after the game. She turns 18 on Thursday. They have invited many from our HS team and many girls from area HS who BB has played with over the years. I'm really excited about it.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
Cannonball, Happy Birthday to your DD. 18 is a big one. I'm happy that the tornado missed you. It's been pretty scary here weather wise lately. We're at AF on Tuesday nights, 5:30 CZ 6:30 Brett. If you happen to be around, please introduce yourself. I hope your move goes well. I'll do the sun dance so our Illinois friends can play some H.S. ball.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The midwest is getting hit harder than any area should. Kirkwood is a really low lying area.

My friends flew out of Lambert, to come to DD's wedding, 2 hours before the tornado. They had parked their car on the top of a parking garage. They don't know what condition it might be in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles