Can you recommend "National Softball Coaches Clinics"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 4, 2011
I am looking for a clinic to become a better coach for my daughter's team, who just finished up 8U and will be moving to 10U this fall.

A search for coaching clinics found "National Softball Coaches Clinics". Is anyone familiar with this organization or any other group that is a good source for a coach to get a good review of strategy and techniques? I did a search on this site for it but no one has mentioned them.

Thanks!

Jul 9, 2009
IL
It's very good. Some items may be a little advanced for a 1st year 10's but some won't.

Just don't mess with Mary and you'll be fine :)

Sep 17, 2009
Yes, the events are excellent and you'll learn a ton. Check to see the sessions meet areas you are interested in, but in my experience that's usually been the case. I saw Patrick Murphy on stage at one of their events in Chicago about five years ago before he became famous (and well traveled) : >

They typically also bring in local vendors so you can do some equipment shopping. This is very convenient and sometimes you can make a big order on one day that a vendor can bring back with them on day 2. Bring your checkbook.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
It's very good. Some items may be a little advanced for a 1st year 10's but some won't.

Just don't mess with Mary and you'll be fine :)

BrianMonk, the comment about Mary made me laugh! She's a neat lady! I have attended some of these and they always bring in outstanding coaches. The typically have four or five venues in a given year and so, you should be able to find one relatively close. Typically they have their coaches and topics listed per clinic and so find one that fits the majority of your needs.

There are several other options you might want to consider. Some high school coaches give clinics to area coaches. Some organizations give clinics. One my dd's team presented involved coaches from numerous D-I schools and was well worth the time. You might even find that at some camps or tournaments that your daughter's team attends, that a coaches clinic is offered. Good luck!

This will my fourth year attending an NSC Coach's Clinic. One in Nashville and three at the Advanced Clinic in Charlotte NC. I have been extremely impressed with the speakers (Patrick Murphy from Bama is always a favorite) and the materials. While I woulld l love to see a few more exhibitors (could there ever be enough equipment/gear/training aids?) they are always helpful and willing to deal. You can even have items such as Juggs equipment and Total Control Sports balls shipped to the site where you can pick them up at no shipping cost.
If my opinion changes after this weekend I will post about it.

So sad when I learned of Mary Nutters passing this summer. Softball lost a great spokesperson.
Nevertheless, the games and NSC will continue this winter. While the Charlotte Clinic is closer for me, I will be attending the one in Nashville TN. By sheer coincidence this will afford me to visit my eldest DD along the way (or way back).
Hope to meet some of you at the Coaches Social Hour on Friday evening. Anyone else planning on attending a NSC event this winter?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA