CAN I use a Baseball glove for Softball glove?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 1, 2015
I've seen a number of D1 players on TV using Wilson A2Ks, which are baseball gloves. I'm pretty sure if they can, your DD can too.

Wilson made the A2K series in fastpitch gloves. We have one, the A2KFP-AW 12" model, and it took forever to break in, but she loves it and with proper care it will have no problems lasting until college. She's 12u now.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Wilson made the A2K series in fastpitch gloves. We have one, the A2KFP-AW 12" model, and it took forever to break in, but she loves it and with proper care it will have no problems lasting until college. She's 12u now.

That's interesting...they don't list it on their site and I've never seen one in person. Wilson reps came to one of my DD's team workouts last year and brought about two dozen gloves...the highest-end models were the A2000s.

Jun 7, 2013
The answer to this post is "Yes!". However, you can't use just any baseball glove. Make sure it works for fastpitch softball.

martianr

Softball DAD
Jan 26, 2014
Whiting, Iowa
I've seen a number of D1 players on TV using Wilson A2Ks, which are baseball gloves. I'm pretty sure if they can, your DD can too.
My daughters is a Softball A2000. Which measure 12.5" from index finger to heel. But it looks small. I just need to get over it. But, I am contemplating get a 13" BB glove. I will be bringing it to a local sporting good store and comparing it to other SB and BB gloves.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06