Cage bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
Yeah, 16YO DD does too. Of course I found 8 of last years model of the unpopular bat manufacturer and unpopular size that she loves for $80 a piece and bought them all. If she breaks one and it isn't covered under warranty, for $80, I really wouldn't care.[/QUOTE
Yo, where did u find a deal like that!

May 12, 2014
The balls at her team's facility are dimpled balls. Some look new...and some are older and have turned a brownish color. Wasn't sure if the bat broke in the cage would the warranty still cover it.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The balls at her team's facility are dimpled balls. Some look new...and some are older and have turned a brownish color. Wasn't sure if the bat broke in the cage would the warranty still cover it.

Most bat warranties are void if you hit anything other than a regulation softballs or use the bat below 50 degrees F. Not sure how they can prove whether or not you hit dimple balls, but I would suggest wiping down the barrel with Krud Kutter before you send it back, just in case.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
Couple things - most colleges are sponsored so they can beat bats to death if they wany. 2 - dimpled balls most likely will void warranty. What I did was buy a wood bat for tee work and warm up work, then I bought a rockettech. The RT is not the same feel as her game bat, but the end load and smaller sweet spot has helped her swing, not hurt. If your DD has major swing flaws, this may not be a great idea for you, but it has worked well for us. The RT is a tank and to steal some other quotes ive read here, if you can hit with a RT, you can hit with anything. I would add that if you hit WELL with a RT, you wont WANT to hit with anything else!! IMO, when squared on the sweet spot is AS hot or HOTTER than anything you can put in your DD's hands. Another good thing is that you get "feedback" when you don't get the sweet spot, unlike new bats. Great teaching tool, but again, if your DD has major swing flaws may not be the bat of choice.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
I would add that if you hit WELL with a RT, you wont WANT to hit with anything else!! IMO, when squared on the sweet spot is AS hot or HOTTER than anything you can put in your DD's hands.

We just recently picked up a used ('13 or '14?) RT for indoor work this Winter.
DD was fine with it almost immediately.
She normally swings a 33" -10 Mako, and says the 33' -9 RT doesn't feel any heavier.
(Eastons are known to run heavy...)
She did comment that she feels WAY less sting on mis-hits with the RT.

With unseasonably warm temps here in the NE yesterday,
we took both bats to the local field for a little front-toss comparison.
She definitely hit the ball consistently farther with the RT.

It's a keeper...

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
I picked up a used Demarini on Craigslist for DD to use in the cages. Same length and weight as her Xeno with a little different feel but it works out okay...

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Yeah, 16YO DD does too. Of course I found 8 of last years model of the unpopular bat manufacturer and unpopular size that she loves for $80 a piece and bought them all. If she breaks one and it isn't covered under warranty, for $80, I really wouldn't care.[/QUOTE
Yo, where did u find a deal like that!

DD grew up a heavy metal girl (i.e. the RT's and RF's) Since we didn't want to support Anderson after the way the takeover was handled, we went in search of another bat, albeit a composite. We went through every bat manufacturer and their top models. After extensive testing, DD decided that the Mizuno FP Extreme2 was the bat that felt the closest to her RT. Mizuno's are not known for their longevity. However, DD is not known for her bats having a long life anyway. She has turned more than several RT's into boat oars and triangles the first day she has had them. I'm not saying that they are bad bats because DD has hit her longest HR's with them. They are truly phenomenal bats. That said, the Mizuno has been a very close competitor although she breaks one every 6 months or so. After the new release of the 2016's, I went on Amazon and found a dealer in SOCal that had 8 34/25's in stock and was selling them for $99 each. I contacted him directly and asked him how much he would give me all 8 for. He told me $80 a piece so I bought them all and had them shipped.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The main reason I have a BP bat as opposed to bats I like to use in games is because I play compression tested tournys
every saturday for the most part. So I will take a bat out, put 50 swings on it to get the feel if I like it and then stop
and go to a bat I know will never get used in games.

I dont know how many FP players really have to worry about tested tournys or not. Sounds like hardly any.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes