burned out people!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2009
Buffalo, NY
What do you do with people in your organization that are burned out. You know the ones, they run fundraiser but they lost the passion and just go through the motions. They run the concession stand and seem to not care about the kids and some feel they are a pain. They have a bad attitude and it spreads and it keeps new blood from getting involved. The big problem is they are needed!
You can't get rid of them, some are on the board or have friends there that are burned out too. I mentioned to the president that one person had a habit of getting nasty with people and I got turn on by the person I spoke of, which proved my point. I have been involved on and off in baseball/softball since 1978. I have never lost my passion or drive. Are they worth saving?

Jan 15, 2009
How can you not get excited about running a concession stand? :) Maybe you need to find them some activities that would get them revitalized, like helping with the kids at practice. If they don't enjoy working with kids anymore, then they really are burned out and need to move on.

May 9, 2008
Coming from someone who was/is burned out. Take SOMETHING off of their plate!!!! This person can't be needed for EVERYTHING that they do. You might think that they are, and the probably do too, because both of you think that no one else will do it. Well someone will, or they'll go without. Do you know how many times in the past I have been on the verge of closing a concession stand because someone didn't show up, and then another person stood up and said "I'll do it", or if it was closed on them, the anser is "Have you worked in it this year?" Believe me from someone who took on too many jobs because no one else would and then threw in the towel. Some one will eventually pick up the slack. TRUST ME KICK HIM/HER OUT OF THE CONC. STAND OR WHATEVER FOR AT LEAST THREE DAYS!!! Tell them to have nothing to do with the League other than watching their Kids/Grandkids for those Three Days!!! It will work wonders. Especially at this time of the season.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06