Bunt styles - preference

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2016
I like hands together. But that being said.

Try this: For RH batter, have them put on a LH glove (on their RH). Crank up the pitching machine to desired speed (fast) Tell them get in the box, prepare to bunt (low stance/bend the knees) put the glove out over the plate and catch the ball. Give them 10 to 15 reps. A lot of them will find it easy to do (some won't and they cant bunt). Take away the glove and replace with bat and tell them to catch it. Takes away the poking at it, too.

tried this drill last night at practice only on live pitching, was amazed at how much they focus and follow the ball into the glove. Definitely a future drill. One thing i did notice is they wanted to try to catch everything, and had to really focus to pull back if it was not a strike. We attack the ball hard on defense so I received the "you tell me to charge and get everything on defense and now you dont want me to catch it?" lol

we gave each bunter a dz strikes, several times over switching from glove to bat. By the end of the practice we were seeing 8-9/12 strikes avg laying down fair. Will be continuing this drill for my small ball group at the end of every practice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez