building a house...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2020
My 9 year old DD has been bite by the softball bug with an pitching infection... call me crazy, but we started with 9 o'clock with hips open and toes @ a 45 learning to spin the ball first with a screwball release, because it was the easiest way to get the most spin, then moved to turning the door (curve release, 2nd easiest for my DD to get the spin) and finally we are brushing. After getting the arm path down we moved to the K drill, followed by playing catch from about 20 ft (at the beginning back) to 35 ft (currently). when we started throwing off the rubber, I started my DD with the same step as she used when we played catch, we have slowly increase her stride (currently at about 5-6 of her shoes). I keep re-enforcing the fact that each one of the above steps we have taken will be something she will use in the future (if she decides to keep pitching) and she gets it .I also understand that I am not driving the bus in this, she has the keys and we practice when she wants to (usually 2 times a week outside of the normal travel practice and games).

This short journey has rekindled my love for the game and i want to thank all of you for your comments on the I/R classroom. I have been apart of and watched on the sidelines as young athletes called it a day because they are burned out of playing and making their parents happy. It's called a game for a reason, we should have fun when you play.

Thanks again all

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06