Building a field, need a scoreboard

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 8, 2019
I know som of you are experts on this having done it yourself- we are building a new field for our HS- we would like to donate a scoreboard- where should i start?15197

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Congrats! Looking good.

We used Fair play. They were a mess though. They got backed up and did not have ours ready when they were suppose to. Then that date kept changing. It took a big donor that could afford to buy another (they already had our money...nope...would not pay all up front again.).....and tell them if they didn't have it here by a certain date...we didn't want it...he would buy another else where... and see them in court to get our money back. Personally I wouldn't use them again because of the way they were.

Daktronics is one that our HS baseball field got. Don't know of any issues with them.

If your going with a big score board like we did (28ft)...you will have to find someone that can drill a couple 3foot x 9foot holes. That wasn't easy in our area to find... but we did.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Sorry, I’m no help with the scoreboard, but if you guys have the extra space/land, and while the heavy equipment is there, I cannot stress enough how awesome having another infield close by is!

We’ve got a first rate facility, and of all the features we have our extra infield is by far my favorite! It may be hard to grasp, but until you have one on game day, you have no idea what you’re missing!

Hey, what’s some more money?

Feb 8, 2019
Thanks Bobby- i remember you telling me about your problems with scoreboard before but i couldnt find the correspondence.
Annasdad- we barely have room for this field but are hoping to add some tunnels later. In another phase of the work. We do have a baseball field about 1.5 football fields away😝 we also have a turf football practice field just outside of CF but you cant go in therevwith metal cleats!

Sep 21, 2017
PA
I've used both Daktronics and Nevco. IMO, you can't go wrong with either.

I've had more experience with Nevco's customer service, and it was great. About 7-8 years ago, we were going to a wireless set up, and they walked us through the entire process, seamlessly.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
We have an agreement with Coke to only sell coke products and in return they provided our scoreboard. Daktronics. They have a dasani and come ad on the scoreboard
Good way to go about it. We were fortunate and divided the ad area up between 3 companies that donated 20 grand plus each.

May 6, 2015
just a thought, but what about a manual, much less expensive. for a HS team, you ask some students to come do the scoreboard each game, maybe they get cafeteria / snack credit, homework pass, etc. call it a going green initiative.

I have always just loved manual scoreboards.

Apr 25, 2019
We have an agreement with Coke to only sell coke products and in return they provided our scoreboard. Daktronics. They have a dasani and come ad on the scoreboard

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I have seen and heard of many Coca Cola branded scoreboards throughout the years.

May 29, 2015
just a thought, but what about a manual, much less expensive. for a HS team, you ask some students to come do the scoreboard each game, maybe they get cafeteria / snack credit, homework pass, etc. call it a going green initiative.

I have always just loved manual scoreboards.

That’s what I was going to say!

Back when I ran the local rec league I tried to do this after a nightmare story involving a scoreboard and a local beverage distributor. Apparently I am the only traditionalist/romantic in the game around here though. 😋

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi