Budget for HS ball??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Since a lot of us are hot and heavy into HS ball, I was wondering how much do you fork out to play and what's the team's season budget?

Our's is $550 a player up front, then we do several fundraisers and have a few local sponsors.We have a budget of $25,000.

In comparison, the baseball is $750 a player and a budget of $70,000. But they have alumi that help out tremendously.

Public school.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
We paid zero in Pleasant Plains, IL. and Flagstaff, AZ.

In AZ. we did contribute $400, that was deducted from our federal taxes.

Many times we sold t-shirts and worked the concession stand to help.

I have always wondered why the schools don't charge a gate, at their games, like in football and basketball.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
LOL - HS ball comes in all sizes and shapes. We're $60 pay-to-play and do 1 fundraiser which may net $500-1000. I don't knw the HS/Bd of Ed budget but it includes umps and bus travel. New uniforms every 3-5 yrs from the Booster club. A few teams here in CT will do more fundraising and take a Fla trip, but they're in the minority. Coaching is uneven, some really good some not. Most teams are 25-50% travels, with more on hte best teams. Our HS is 9th-12th w/ about 750 students total.

Looking forward to travel starting back up after HS ends!

Regards - GM

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
We paid zero in Pleasant Plains, IL. and Flagstaff, AZ.

In AZ. we did contribute $400, that was deducted from our federal taxes.

Many times we sold t-shirts and worked the concession stand to help.

I have always wondered why the schools don't charge a gate, at their games, like in football and basketball.

Gate fee's?? Heck we charge $5, some schools as much as $7 for softball. A family of 4 can go broke over a season.

The parents of players do get a free season pass, with our $550. Yee haw!!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
LOL - HS ball comes in all sizes and shapes. We're $60 pay-to-play and do 1 fundraiser which may net $500-1000. I don't knw the HS/Bd of Ed budget but it includes umps and bus travel. New uniforms every 3-5 yrs from the Booster club. A few teams here in CT will do more fundraising and take a Fla trip, but they're in the minority. Coaching is uneven, some really good some not. Most teams are 25-50% travels, with more on hte best teams. Our HS is 9th-12th w/ about 750 students total.

Looking forward to travel starting back up after HS ends!

Regards - GM

We get new uniforms each year, 2 pants uniforms and 1 short uniform. We also get school sweats to wear. Play in a few HS tourney's at $500 a pop.

I've been told we're charging the higher fee's because we are to build an indoor facility this summer for the softball and baseball team. Supposedly they have been saving the last few years.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Fee: $0.

$5 to get into a Varsity game, $3 to get into a JV game. Just started charging for this year. We paid $70 for 2 tshirts, a long sleeve, shorts, sweats, and a hoodie as warm ups.

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
No fee. Pay~$60 for practice shorts, t-shirts, underarmour, hoodie. Work couple of fundraisers. Usually $5 pp to get into all games. School provides all transportation on buses too. School provides bat bags and helments free of charge, 2-3 sets of uniforms are issued. A few caring dads will help take care of the field and keep in good shape.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
No fee. Pay~$60 for practice shorts, t-shirts, underarmour, hoodie. Work couple of fundraisers. Usually $5 pp to get into all games. School provides all transportation on buses too. School provides bat bags and helments free of charge, 2-3 sets of uniforms are issued. A few caring dads will help take care of the field and keep in good shape.

Mud, We didn't pay a dime back in my day. What the heck are these schools using all my tax dollars for?? The city maintains the field, the dad's do the initial preseason cleanup. We all sign up as parents to work the concessions and gate.

The head coach asked me at the beginning of the season what I could do for the team? I told him I'm really good at running two things.........the radar gun and my mouth. :)

Jan 15, 2009
It's $170 plus a small fundraiser and booster activities that cost about $80 per family. So $250 out of pocket. We arrange transportation home from some away events by carpool to keep bus costs down, but I have to figure we pull in about $3K in fees per team and spend about $7K per team with coaches/umps/buses

May 23, 2008
What our coach has found out is that he can make more money not charging a gate. Our concession stand makes great food and sells more when there is no gate fee. The school does not charge for any sports. You only have to bring your cleats and glove, and pay for your hat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45