Bucket on the Shelf

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 30, 2013
Who else will cry like a baby when you put the bucket on the shelf for the last time?

With my daughter being a sophomore in HS I was thinking about this other day. She's a good kid that truly seems to still love the game of softball but the reality is, time is running out.

Depending on how far she takes it, we have anywhere from 1-6 years left, so I'm just enjoying the moment and living each new season like it's the last.

Rod

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
My daughter is a HS senior. She is playing in college, but I have no doubt that I'll probably shed a tear or two at her last HS game and her last TB game this summer. Her college is a good 7+ hr drive away, so I don't expect I'll get to see her play much after this year. Definitely enjoy the moments while you can! It's unbelievable just how fast the HS years go by.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2015
I don't even want to think about it. At 10, assuming she stays interested we have a good bit of time left but it sure does fly by.

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
My daughter is a HS senior. She is playing in college, but I have no doubt that I'll probably shed a tear or two at her last HS game and her last TB game this summer. Her college is a good 7+ hr drive away, so I don't expect I'll get to see her play much after this year. Definitely enjoy the moments while you can! It's unbelievable just how fast the HS years go by.

I also have a HS senior. It's been a wonderful and sometimes stressful softball journey that started when she was 4. A bad coach almost made her walk away from the game at 12. I'm glad I pushed and she gave it another chance. I got lucky in that her college is only 3 hours away so hopefully I'll get to see her play for a few more years. The parents of her younger club teammates have promised me a seat in the bleachers when the withdrawals get too bad and I need a "fix".

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest

This is my story exactly down to the college 7 hours away...
Bittersweet to see them grow up and succeed at reaching their dreams.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
My youngest, who is graduating a year early, just got offered an opportunity to play volleyball in college. I knew the end was near, but thought she had one year of softball left. Sadly, I think it has come to an end. Maybe it's better this way. But I sure will miss watching her gun someone down from the dish. So yes, there have been some teared up moments down in the man cave.

But my #4 is always reaching for something. Proud dad.
1001895_1404010213146694_479092228_n.jpg

Reach4it.jpg

May 20, 2015
I have an almost 13 year old, an almost 11 year old and a just turned 3 year old....so I have a little time left haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCockell