bucket dad looking for lefty (left hand throw) catchers mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 23, 2019
A wrist injury is forcing me to temporarily switch hands, let me know what you have, thanks.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
This happened to me many years ago. My daughter got a kick out of watching me try to throw back lefty. One time we were in an indoor facility and my throw back was a good 15ft off line, I hit the thermostat and knocked it off the wall. Good luck.

Oct 23, 2019
Lol, I'll probably end up rolling the ball back to her. I'm worried that I have a tendency to zone out sometimes, but will catch the ball at the last second out of reflex. I'm worried I'll catch with the wrong hand!

Jul 19, 2021
A wrist injury is forcing me to temporarily switch hands, let me know what you have, thanks.
No need to buy a LH glove because you don't have to throw back to her. Give her a full bucket of balls and you keep an empty bucket by you. Fill it up as she throws to you and she can come switch buckets when hers is empty.

Mar 15, 2019
California
I have the following exact mitt that I can send to you for $25, or you can buy it new as shown in the link. Very good price for the glove you get. It has really good padding and has a nice leather pop. Although a baseball mitt, it does catch a 12" softball with no issues. The only negative I'll point out is that the thumb protection isn't the greatest. I have gotten a few stingers on low pitches on the third base side of the plate. If you have a thumb guard, you'll be set.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi