Brush contact in full motion

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
I learned without video she can be deceptive. For example, she can look correct to the eye at 9:00 but on video I can see when she stops the upper arm short of connection and turn the palm and push.
No pushing here, totally loaded. Let IR happpen.
yrW9DO0.gif.

Last edited:
May 23, 2012
Eastlake, OH
I’m using the Hillhouse teach of coming across the body in the full motion to help get that forearm into the side. It seems to be helping. I’ve also got a 17 year old that doesn’t have brush and I’m debating on whether to incorporate it or not. She does miss to pitching arm side with fastball and I know it’s due to no brush. On film she does get internal rotation without brush

I really don't know enough about that teach. Is there a thread where it's discussed? One of Bill's YouTube videos?
I have used a ton of cues and a variety of feels for my DD. Again, slowing it down to where she only moves quickly enough to still make it happen along with removing the results normally associated with pitching seem to help.
When we started I could tell my DD was struggling with feeling any of it. You could see that even doing glove snaps or throwing to her own glove, she wasn't doing things in a way to show she understood palm up, catching whip, rotating internally, brush, etc. Now I can see these things starting to happen much better with her self throws/glove snaps.Trouble is translating to drills and arm circle. We aren't close to it happening correctly on a pitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi