Bringing up topics & Sharing softball experience

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
It certainly has been interesting and entertaining to bring up topics here on dfp.
Glad to have been able to document and share some of my softball experiences and feedback in the sport.

Over the years in softball i recognize the diversity of people. It is fantastic to see the way softball has grown and include so many more different levels and reasons why people participate. Which I have always thought is a good thing! Important to acknowledge it brings alternative perspectives to consider thinking through.
Have found this to be a very important thing about softball. Everybody has their own individual Journey, with individual choices and decisions that help shape it.

What has made a huge impression on me over the decades is there is more than one way to achieve success!!! Don't let anybody tell you what you can't do!!!

Thank you DFP for the opportunity to share about softball here. I'm thankful was able to document some of my feedback and training videos in the catching forum and open discussions on topics.

Like to wish everybody all the best and
Good Luck in all of your Journeys!

~Turbo

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Going somewhere Turbo? That seems to be written almost as a farewell...
🙂 well I have never had a Facebook page or gotten into social media.
However, I liked seeing how this forum carried on good discussions.
As I was coming to 50 years in softball, Now 50 years 😊
I saw it as an opportunity to share some of my softball experiences. Offer some suggestions on training workouts and mechanics. Also try to bring up topics to get people to think through possibilities and opportunities.
Have come to a point where I feel like I have accomplished what I came to do. And not wanting to come across as a redundant commercial LOL

Because it has become such a habit 😁 to read the Forum I'm sure I will enjoy reading other posts.
Look forward to others prompting conversations.

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Damn, I was just feeling comfortable enough around here to approach you and pick your brain about some things.
👍Bring up topics for everyone and ask away. I will reply if you're seeking a response from me. Can always send PM's also.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Turbo.

I’ve been a member here for almost 11 years. I’ve taken a dd from an 8 year old playing 10u to a first year 14u, then watched others take her from second year 14u to all American. I participate here in less technical to more parental. As a parent of a pitcher I have a big soft spot for catchers.

There have been a handful of active members here who I have looked forward to reading their topic posts. You are one of those. I know you like to ask questions that cause people to think about why and how. I hope you continue to post thought provoking questions. And i certainly hope you stick around here as you make the place better. Where else can parents of young catchers get to hear the voice of a catcher who has been there and done that.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Turbo.

I’ve been a member here for almost 11 years. I’ve taken a dd from an 8 year old playing 10u to a first year 14u, then watched others take her from second year 14u to all American. I participate here in less technical to more parental. As a parent of a pitcher I have a big soft spot for catchers.

There have been a handful of active members here who I have looked forward to reading their topic posts. You are one of those. I know you like to ask questions that cause people to think about why and how. I hope you continue to post thought provoking questions. And i certainly hope you stick around here as you make the place better. Where else can parents of young catchers get to hear the voice of a catcher who has been there and done that.
I will always be part of the softball Community! 🙂 Thank you for the kind words!
yes continue thought-provoking conversation!
Encourage others to start posts!

radness

Dec 13, 2019
It certainly has been interesting and entertaining to bring up topics here on dfp.
Glad to have been able to document and share some of my softball experiences and feedback in the sport.

Over the years in softball i recognize the diversity of people. It is fantastic to see the way softball has grown and include so many more different levels and reasons why people participate. Which I have always thought is a good thing! Important to acknowledge it brings alternative perspectives to consider thinking through.
Have found this to be a very important thing about softball. Everybody has their own individual Journey, with individual choices and decisions that help shape it.

What has made a huge impression on me over the decades is there is more than one way to achieve success!!! Don't let anybody tell you what you can't do!!!

Thank you DFP for the opportunity to share about softball here. I'm thankful was able to document some of my feedback and training videos in the catching forum and open discussions on topics.

Like to wish everybody all the best and
Good Luck in all of your Journeys!

~Turbo
WOOHOO!!! 🥳💪🫀

From old rec ball memorabilia, to today's date...
Have now successfully completed 50 years in fastpitch softball!

Thank you coaches for all your effort. Thank you teammates for working hard. Thank you parents for being fans. Thank you Umpires for doing that job. Keep it going!

The journey is what you make of it! No two Journeys are the same. Do what works best for you and
ENJOY IT! 😁 ZAP !

Good luck to all!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414