Bow Nets Fraying

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Anyone else having a problem with their Bow Nets?

I purchased a couple of Bow Nets in February to use for my high school team and used them for almost three months (not daily). After it sat all summer, got one out and took to travel tournament this weekend and ball went through the net and smacked another player in the hand!

Got to looking at it and it is fraying on the sides too. I have used them for the last five or six years but am finding the quality of the actually netting material has gone down.

I also checked the ones I purchased for our travel organization in june and a couple of those are starting to fray and have a couple of holes next to the side panels.

I have contacted Bow Net and am waiting on an answer.

I do really love these nets, and I bet we have at least 12 in the organization.

Jun 24, 2011
I have one and it has developed a hole due to fraying. It's gotten a lot of use over four or five years. It's a net.

Feb 7, 2013
Do you leave it out in the sun when not in use or do you put it back in the bag when done? I bought my original Bownet Bigmouth about 6 years ago and its still going strong. I had another Atec net for the backyard that I left out year-round and after a couple of years the canvas on the sides deteriorated and frayed and I had to throw it away.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Have only left it up once in awhile during a game only. Always have taken it down after we use it.

Just seems strange that it is practically a new net that I purchased in February.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Contact Bownet. Ours frayed along the edge about 3 months after we got it. I filled out their warranty form and uploaded a picture and they sent me a replacement no questions asked! Their warranty is one year but I have heard from others that they will even go beyond that. Great company to work with!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30