both teams forgot how many outs there were

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Don't be so sure the other coach was not aware of there only being two out and trying to trick you players into leaving the base path to go to the dugout. Very shameful, but I have seen it happen and is very bush league.....At 10U..... coach is bad news.....if he did that on purpose.

When I was playing LL in the 60's quite a few coaches pulled plays like this. It isn't bush if you are keeping score.

If a coach has a problem with it, maybe s/he should be a better coach in instructing their players.

Jan 20, 2010
When I was playing LL in the 60's quite a few coaches pulled plays like this. It isn't bush if you are keeping score.

If a coach has a problem with it, maybe s/he should be a better coach in instructing their players.

I agree in theory the coach should always know the siftuation. But at 10U come on!!!! At 10U I would call it Bush. At older ages if a team fell for it bad coaching. But I have seen it done before on purpose and it is dirty coaching.

At 10U you still have girls looking at butterfly's and picking flowers and watching airplanes fly overhead, they don't know all the rules at that age just learning.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I agree in theory the coach should always know the siftuation. But at 10U come on!!!! At 10U I would call it Bush. At older ages if a team fell for it bad coaching. But I have seen it done before on purpose and it is dirty coaching.

At 10U you still have girls looking at butterfly's and picking flowers and watching airplanes fly overhead, they don't know all the rules at that age just learning.

Well, I was nine when it first happened with my team, but it was baseball and there wasn't any of the pussyfooting around the game. It was the sport you elected to play as it was, not elect to play a sport and expect it to accommodate you.

And a few years back, I may have agreed with you, but when the "masses" demanded that 10U be as competitive as the older divisions and the special developmental rules were dropped, so should have any special consideration for the age level.

JMO

Jan 20, 2010
Well, I was nine when it first happened with my team, but it was baseball and there wasn't any of the pussyfooting around the game. It was the sport you elected to play as it was, not elect to play a sport and expect it to accommodate you.

And a few years back, I may have agreed with you, but when the "masses" demanded that 10U be as competitive as the older divisions and the special developmental rules were dropped, so should have any special consideration for the age level.

JMO

MTR totally agree, but a dirty play none the less.....especially in this situation where it was a scrimmage game. Now if it was a mistake by both coaches in a scrimmage re-set and finish it out. Scrimmage is practice, repeat and learn.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
MTR totally agree, but a dirty play none the less.....especially in this situation where it was a scrimmage game. Now if it was a mistake by both coaches in a scrimmage re-set and finish it out. Scrimmage is practice, repeat and learn.

Maybe so, but the question in the OP was "is that the correct ruling?" and then WE went off on whether it was bush or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes