Bonds ... catching the ball with the bat.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Yes! Clearly I have mistaken. Whatever dude . Can't even own a mistake? You know who does that... But I don't care. Good luck!

Let's try again.

You made the following post.

Ooooh. You showed me. Thanks again. You looked silly earlier, when you said direction wasn't found in the pujols demo. Then you admitted that he showed direction , which is SO IMPORTANT. So now you have to get me. Ok. You got me. Feel better? Do you have a good demo?

Where did I state that "direction wasn't found in pujols demo"?

I'll save you the trouble. I never made such a statement. You simply lied.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Ok. Sounds close to what I teach. A direct line is the desired result in both our models .The hand position is a no teach to me when direction is established early. That gives the body time to get 'in front'. So the body can aid the hands in delivering the barrel. But your description doesn't match what Donaldson said. See what happens here. I'm not gonna beat a dead horse . Not my style. I will try to understand what you mean instead.

You're misrepresenting or misunderstanding Donaldson's demo. Donaldson did not say that he doesn't use his hands. He said that he doesn't think about his hands. That's a big difference. My previous reference to Donaldson was about the rear shoulder delivering the hands (hands in connection with shoulder rotation) rather than the action demonstrated by Pujols. Why does my description need to match what Donaldson said? I have never claimed it did. I was responding to your question about what I teach.

Apr 11, 2015
Good enough.

Do you see the 'handle' as being 'released'?

I don't. I see that as why the barrel is broken.
Sorry for the delay, had to take off, and then a long day...

But no, I don't see the barrel being released...but I do see it getting "launched". Lol!! :D

One way to view the swing is the working/turning/orbiting/arcing of the barrel ... which will have the barrel 'turning' in a direction 'around' the rear forearm (in the direction of supination) ... then during the barrel (not the hands, but the barrel) throw/swing down (or if you prefer the 'out' in "barrel up and out") the barrel will also continue in the direction of supination(due primarily to the earlier forces to establish supination) ... but in this case there was no 'release' (which was really all 1CA meant by 'barrel launch' ... 'release').
I guess that's "one way to view" it. But I also like your view of "around and along" much better if I was choosing something else than I'm using now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma