Big "thumbs-down" for the B1G network

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
So I hesitate being critical on a free broadcast of a softball game but here was the scenario last night:

DD, DW, and I get cozy around the big-screen thinking we are going to sit down and enjoy one of the first televised softball games of the season (second after the TN/SC game last weekend).

I start the recording. I see that B1G network is already doing it's "students announce the game" set-up..... YUK!

I start to contemplate turning on Pandora for a better audio experience compared to the pains of listening to little broadcast n journalism whack-jobs broadcast a sport they know nothing about....

Then the icing on the cake for a frustrating evening. The great brains from B1G network placed the outfield camera (the one watching every pitch to the catcher) RIGHT BEHIND the pitcher so that you basically can not see anything of the pitch going to the plate.

Crap I wanna slap some stupid people at Big Ten Network!!!!!

OK - back to my meds......

Mar 29, 2012
I suggest contacting B1G network and letting them know in particular about the camera.

Isn't this their first time broadcasting softball? They are on a learning curve.

Dec 7, 2011
I suggest contacting B1G network and letting them know in particular about the camera.

Isn't this their first time broadcasting softball? They are on a learning curve.

Nope - they have been doing it for at least a couple years - and yes, I am in the process of recommending the consideration to B1G :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06