Best TV analysts, YouTube channels, etc.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2022
One of the best ways that my kids have learned sports that they're involved in is by watching televised games with announcers that take the time to explain why teams do what they do. Tony Romo is great with this during NFL games. Jay Bilas is also good in college basketball.

ESPN, Big 10 Network, and others broadcast a lot of college softball. Are there any softball broadcasters particularly good at explaining the whys of the game? Our 12u DD and I watched Clemson vs S. Carolina last night & there wasn't a lot of it.

Also, does anyone know of any good YouTube follows regarding game strategy and the whys of softball? There are plenty of good ones teaching technique.

The bottom line is that we're looking to increase softball IQ. Thanks to everyone, I appreciate it.

Feb 7, 2014
What position does DD play ?

The reason I ask is because the best insights I have seen come directly from the players / coaches mouths in one on one interactions.

Talking to Bill Hillhouse or Rick Paully if your DD is a pitcher... Jay Weaver's camp has enlightened alot of catchers... or Crystl Bustos for the hitting mindset. The fastest way to raise your DDs softball IQ is one on one experiences with people that have done it.

Jan 27, 2022
DD is a catcher. She's not interested in pitching, but will also play infield & outfield.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802