Best way to "politely" bring this up to the softball board?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 31, 2009
I have been on the board of a small softball program for several years. We often try to put teams together, sometimes it works out, sometimes it does not. You need a committed head coach, several assistant coaches, and about twelve players who will commit to playing. You need to find teams to play against, or a league of similar teams, or find appropriate tournaments. At least one board member will have to do some leg work, scheduling and communication to make it happen.

The team could fall apart for a number of reasons. Maybe the board did not diligently complete their planning. Maybe the head coach backed out of their committment. Maybe the assistant coaches backed out. Maybe there were only eight girls who showed any interest. You should be able to contact the president, or another board member and ask what happened.

I promise that everyone on the board wants to make your program better, that is why they signed up for the board. Not everyone is good at organizing or communicating, and sometimes things don't work out as well as hoped. I see parents get bent out of shape all of the time because of some misunderstanding. Definitely contact them, let them know that you support the program, let them know what you want to see from the program, and let them know that you are willing to to help.

Jun 18, 2010
Illinois
Well... come to find out one of the coaches I coach with IS on the league board - so I mentioned it to him - he didn't know that this "coach/neighbor" was playing these traveling games. And one of the "coach/neighbor" assistant coaches is also on the board. So the 2 board members had a discussion tonight to all get on the same page - sounds like the "coach/neighbor" just kinda did what he wanted & the board will have a discussion over future events as such. Amost other things this "coach/neighbor" tried doing at tonights game. (using rules that aren't even in our league - forgetting what league he was playing in, etc)
Anyways - atleast I voiced my opinion & it will be discussed for the future.
Thanks for everyones opinions:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00