Best Player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I play my "best" player wherever she is best-suited to play. That is, unless she is also my best pitcher or best catcher, in which case it benefits the entire team far more to play her at one of those two positions.

My current top player is IMHO a natural center fielder. I work her there and she plays there occasionally bit she also happens to be the best catcher on the team by a fairly large margin. Because it makes our entire team better when she catches, the bulk of her PT is spent behind the plate.

Jan 24, 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
My best player is my best pitcher, catcher and CF. As much as I would love to have her in the OF when the second or third line pitcher is throwing, she is much more valuable behind the plate, when she isn't pitching.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It depends on the rest of the team. If your outfield is weak, I would go SS and CF. If your outfield is strong, I would go SS and 3B.

If catcher were a problem, you would have to think about filling that position.

May 18, 2009
What kind of hits does your pitching give up? If you've got a talented pitcher that rarely gives up a deep ball play her in the infield. If she's your only player that can get to the gap in the outfield and your pitcher gets hit deep then play her out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd