Best Non Softball Sport for Softball Players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 1, 2021
I'd say volleyball was her best "applicable skill" sport. Its can be fast paced. Lots of hand-eye coordination. Obviously overhand hitting and serving is at least minorly relatable. Also spacial awareness, aka, the ability to read early if a hit is going to be in or out are all similar skills.

I hated the uniforms though. Seems like a softball uniform would work perfectly fine on the vball court, but apparently they frown on that.

Jun 8, 2016
I hated the uniforms though. Seems like a softball uniform would work perfectly fine on the vball court, but apparently they frown on that.
Yeah because there are a lot of indoor sports (that are not played on ice) that wear long pants.... :cautious: ...;)

Jun 26, 2019
If you want to become a decent player, becoming decent at volleyball is probably going to easier than basketball..basketball and baseball/softball are the two sports which require the most skill development.

One positive for either is the subbing in/out vs the competition to be the starter in a softball game. A shortstop who is almost as good as the starting shortstop will not get many starts or playing time. A volleyball or basketball player that is not quite as good will still get in most games, just a few less reps.

Feb 1, 2021
True..but their legs are not exactly uncovered :p

Athletic shorts and a shirt would be perfectly acceptable. At least at my DD school, that's not what they wear. I shouldn't be able to know you have "private piercings" and a tramp stamp simply because your "barely there" uniform is too tight.

Jun 8, 2016
Athletic shorts and a shirt would be perfectly acceptable. At least at my DD school, that's not what they wear. I shouldn't be able to know you have "private piercings" and a tramp stamp simply because your "barely there" uniform is too tight.
You said softball uniforms..I didn't know you were referring to the @RADcatcher era softball uniforms..My wife's Hawaii HS volleyball uniform back in the early 90's was shorts but I think my sister's (same timeframe, but MA) were what you are describing (as were her college volleyball uniforms).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles