Best Non Softball Sport for Softball Players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
In my area middle school softball is not available but my DD has no interest in being in a regular PE class. She is just rounding out her 6th grade year and she did Pre-Athletics were they took her through and taught her the basics of all the sports they offer along with general conditioning.

I just wanted to throw a question out. If your DD is a true multi sport athlete than you can pass in this question. I know lots of you have kids that are generally great athletes.

Here we go..."My DD is softball player but she is/was also successful at .......".

The idea is not to tell me your kid is great at basketball which she has been playing since she was 5. It is for new sports started after she was a successful softball player.... preferably in middle school or above. Also successful doesn't have to mean great.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
In my area middle school softball is not available but my DD has no interest in being in a regular PE class. She is just rounding out her 6th grade year and she did Pre-Athletics were they took her through and taught her the basics of all the sports they offer along with general conditioning.

I just wanted to throw a question out. If your DD is a true multi sport athlete than you can pass in this question. I know lots of you have kids that are generally great athletes.

Here we go..."My DD is softball player but she is/was also successful at .......".

The idea is not to tell me your kid is great at basketball which she has been playing since she was 5. It is for new sports started after she was a successful softball player.... preferably in middle school or above.
I would say track. My wife ran track in college and when we were dating in college we were walking back from dinner in the dining hall and I told her track wasn't even a sport..everybody knows how to run. That didn't end well for me...

Sep 19, 2018
My 2nd dd never played a sport. In middle school she started to play Volleyball. All of the best volley ball players were the softball players. booming serves compared to the non-softball players. A much quicker read on returning balls, etc....

Jun 8, 2016
My 2nd dd never played a sport. In middle school she started to play Volleyball. All of the best volley ball players were the softball players. booming serves compared to the non-softball players. A much quicker read on returning balls, etc....
My sister didn't start playing volleyball till HS (she started playing bball and sball much earlier) and that was the sport she ended up playing in college.

Feb 13, 2021
MI
That didn't end well for me...

Not sure if you meant that day or overall, but I would hide that from your wife just in case.......

I agree with track, especially the sprints if you are considering transfer of skills as a by-product.

Jun 19, 2016
I would say track. My wife ran track in college and when we were dating in college we were walking back from dinner in the dining hall and I told her track wasn't even a sport..everybody knows how to run. That didn't end well for me...
I have a feeling track is going to be a popular answer so maybe an event would be helpful. Also, I have to agree with her that track is a sport. Running is hard enough but when you bring in hurdles. Plus you got all the field events. I once tried pole vaulting. I was out there for one day and they told me I could go back to weight room.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles