Best Non Softball Sport for Softball Players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
IMO, field hockey/lacrosse, track or swimming. Field hockey/lacrosse because your working on your footwork as well as running. It really helps your endurance. Track helps with your endurance as well as swimming will do that, too.

Apr 7, 2014
My daughter was able to pick up golf very quickly at around that age. As long as she is doing a little of both during each season she should not struggle much jumping from one swing to the next like a lot of people claim.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
My daughter was able to pick up golf very quickly at around that age. As long as she is doing a little of both during each season she should not struggle much jumping from one swing to the next like a lot of people claim.

My boyfriend took me out to play golf one weekend and I got hooked playing it. Very humbling though.

Mar 28, 2020
Most middle schools she can do multiple sports....open with Cross country or Volleyball when that season ends move on to basketball and once that season ends move on to Track......when summer comes she will be in great shape and ready to excel in softball.

Aug 10, 2020
Volleyball. They have good arm strength from softball, they aren't afraid of the ball and they are familiar with diving. Great crossover

Apr 11, 2016
DD plays tennis and basketball, while softball is her #1 choice. Tennis definitely helps with running and hand-eye coordination. I'd rather DD doesn't play basketball. At 14U, too many AAU kids in league and can actually get dangerous for a "part-time" player like DD. But she loves bb. As a shorter player, she practices 3-pts a lot and can score from farther away. For her, tennis is the my-parents-forced-me-to sport (yup, we put her through tennis every summer, where she always protests. But by mid-season, she'd enjoy it when she keeps winning matches). Quite frankly, we wish she chose tennis over softball, so she'd always have a pro instead of having gone through so many dad-ball.

May 11, 2014
In my area middle school softball is not available but my DD has no interest in being in a regular PE class. She is just rounding out her 6th grade year and she did Pre-Athletics were they took her through and taught her the basics of all the sports they offer along with general conditioning.

I just wanted to throw a question out. If your DD is a true multi sport athlete than you can pass in this question. I know lots of you have kids that are generally great athletes.

Here we go..."My DD is softball player but she is/was also successful at .......".

The idea is not to tell me your kid is great at basketball which she has been playing since she was 5. It is for new sports started after she was a successful softball player.... preferably in middle school or above. Also successful doesn't have to mean great.
While not answering your question exactly, I would say wrestling(before middle school for mine) if offered. Have 4 grandkids and all wrestled and other parents comment quite often about how tougher, more focused, better in-shape etc. than their own kids are.

Mar 28, 2020
DD plays tennis and basketball, while softball is her #1 choice. Tennis definitely helps with running and hand-eye coordination. I'd rather DD doesn't play basketball. At 14U, too many AAU kids in league and can actually get dangerous for a "part-time" player like DD. But she loves bb. As a shorter player, she practices 3-pts a lot and can score from farther away. For her, tennis is the my-parents-forced-me-to sport (yup, we put her through tennis every summer, where she always protests. But by mid-season, she'd enjoy it when she keeps winning matches). Quite frankly, we wish she chose tennis over softball, so she'd always have a pro instead of having gone through so many dad-ball.
My parent forced sport is track and like yours my kids hated it but when scholarships started coming in my oldest choose track......years and years of complaining and fighting against track and off to college to run track over her so call loved sports.......you never know what they will choose.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles