Best clueless spouse story

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
Used to update the wife when she couldn't get to the games. When DD was pitching I would send her something like 2 K's 0 BB 0 H 0 R after each inning she pitched. I would invariably get this response back. ???? Even after explaining it to her several times. I gave up and started calling her after the game was over to tell her the outcome.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
One thing DW did that really WAS helpful --
At one point she was texting the score every time it changed, after the inning, etc.
It turns out there was no scoreboard, and she was doing that to keep track of the score herself.
But hey, I got constant updates on the score.

Trouble is, sometimes she will give a score and not tell which team is ahead.

Jun 19, 2013
We have gotten a lot better with the texting updates but when DS is playing baseball and DD is playing softball at the same time periodically it gets confusing. I'll be typing at the same time he is asking a question. So it'll be something like "ground out" and he'll say dang, and then I'll say "no she's pitching, it was a K, then a ground out then a fly out". Then a few minutes later I'll say fly out and he'll think I'm talking about pitching again, but this time I'm talking about her own hit. Now I just need a backwards K for when I'm texting updates - there is probably some appropriate emoji to use for that.

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
This is normally what my texts look like to dh when he has to work.
1st inning:k.....2nd.....4-3. No runs 4 batters.
We at bat....no score.
Dh asks...how did she bat?
Me:not batted...she pitching
2nd inning:k....1-3....8....scored 1 infield error.
She batted.....made to first...hit between 6,7,8 gap.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

May 15, 2016
DD1 told me of practice the other night when my wife was there. DD2 was hitting off of live pitching, and was told to run out her last hit. DD2 had a clean line drive up the middle, and made it home easily. My wife started cheering for DD2, repeating home run, home run. DD1 told my wife that there was no centerfielder, so of course DD2 was going to make it home easily. My wife did not understand. DD1 said, "Thats just mom."

May 13, 2012
DD teammate dad traveled alot so his wife would txt him during games he couldnt attend. Was funny to my wife setting between us. His DD does something, his wife would txt him. Few seconds later my phone buzzes with her husband texting me wanting explanation of her txt. "Hit? E?" Etc. my favorite was and i quote "WTH is she talking about"

Aug 23, 2016
My husband doesn't understand softball at all but tries to keep me updated when I'm late to DD's games. Sadly, nothing he's ever texted me has made any sense. I don't have the heart to tell him that I rely on other parents to send me game updates.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
My DW knows the game, is capable of providing updates, she's just usually too busy chatting to follow along.

DW... DD got a double.
Me... where did she it?
...crickets...crickets...
Updates come sporadically throughout and I'll get a final score.

DD get's home. Me: Where did you hit your double? DD: What double? Me: Mom said you got a double. DD: I walked and then stole second.

face palm.

Jun 11, 2013
I don't miss a ton of games, but once I missed.
I get the following

DW: She hit a double
Me: Where
DW: Over 2B head.
A while Later

DW: HR!!
me: Where did she hit it.
DW: Over the fence, battery dying talk to you tonight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00