Best Chair for Parents/Fans???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
If they make any which are made out of the same material they use for the Brinks money trucks those would be good for me..

I'm pretty sure this is officially called the "Pattar model". "The epitome of self isolation luxury for those out in RF beyond the fences and have been known to have emotional outbursts and uncontrollable tendencies to throw various objects in disgust." 🤪

1615241243728.png

Mar 12, 2016
Left Coast
I started with a traditional director's chair like the one in KrisHur's post. It was given to me with an embroidered backrest in 2003 and it's still holding up. I love that chair. It's durable, lightweight, and it doesn't hurt my back when I use it all day.

Somehow our family ended up with a folding chair like the Kiljaro XXL in benz99's post. It's definitely durable but I found my back would get sore after a couple of games. I definitely couldn't handle it for a full day.

I was always envious of the canopy chair in FP_Catcher_Dad's post but the chair part is the same as the Kiljaro so I never tried it.

A couple years ago our family needed a couple more chairs for camping so we bought the Timber Ridge two-pack in your original post. It's a little wider and seems to be even stronger than my first director's chair but it's also heavier. I found it to be just as as comfortable as the original director's chair.

I recommend any form of director's chair for all day back comfort. However, now that I've seen it, I must figure out where to buy or how to make the mobile assault unit pictured in Greatdaytobeawildcat's post!

Apr 20, 2019
View attachment 21270
Glad I found this one at Dicks Sports. Most comfortable collapsible chair I’ve sat in. Holds 400 lbs, if needed lol and you can actually sit back and it supports your head.
I had this one and didnt hold up for 1 season. I am nowhere near the 400 lb maximum either
Also from 1st time I used it was very difficult to slide back into folded up setting

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
I had this one and didnt hold up for 1 season. I am nowhere near the 400 lb maximum either
Also from 1st time I used it was very difficult to slide back into folded up setting
We’ve had ours for 3-4 years now. Though I don’t sit in them unless it’s going to be one of those 4-5 game type of days, more walking around than sitting.

Mar 6, 2018
GCI came out with a new chair last year, Pod Rocker. We enjoy ours and they have a carry bag. Plus not a pain to put in or on top of the wagon like the standard rocker. I am able to slouch down, just need a foot rest or ottoman.

Dec 5, 2017
I'm pretty sure this is officially called the "Pattar model". "The epitome of self isolation luxury for those out in RF beyond the fences and have been known to have emotional outbursts and uncontrollable tendencies to throw various objects in disgust." 🤪

View attachment 21301
I feel like Pattar would sit with the solid side in front and the clear in back :unsure:

Jul 27, 2015
View attachment 21270
Glad I found this one at Dicks Sports. Most comfortable collapsible chair I’ve sat in. Holds 400 lbs, if needed lol and you can actually sit back and it supports your head.
My wife has had lower back surgery and still experiences a lot of back pain. This is the only chair we have found that she can sit in. And we have tried a lot.

Dec 11, 2010
I just bought two of the Kijaro chairs on clearance at Walmart.

They are long when folded up but are good chairs. They also have a carry strap on the chair so I can throw away the dumb bag.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06