Best balanced 2020 bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2018
Just looking for opinions on what the best option for balanced bats are currently. I'm struggling to find consistent information about which bats are balanced and which are end loaded. For example, the Ghost is listed on one site as end loaded and another site as being balanced. When I looked at the Easton site, it doesn't appear that the Ghost comes in both options.

Basically, I've got a parent looking for a balanced bat for their daughter. Looking for a 31/21 or 31/20.

Thanks for any advice.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The drop10 is listed as balanced and the drop9 is listed as endload. BUT, remember the drop10 is still an ounce
over so I don't even consider any of the Ghosts truly balanced as some other bats like the PC, LXT, CF's.

Many folks that want a real balanced Ghost and worried about the extra weight usually do a drop11

Aug 20, 2018
Thats BR, Kinda what I was thinking, I'd like to keep my business with Core if possible.

Will a Ghost 31/20 feel pretty balanced?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Your 31/20 will feel more balanced than the 31/21. And again, not that the 31/21 is an endload or anything, but
its heavier comparatively

Oct 5, 2018
My guess from reading here as to most to least balanced in top line bats in your size...

Most balanced:
Demarini CF 31/20
Demarini Prism 31/20

All pretty close but most to least balanced:
Rawlings QP balanced 31/20
Demarini Prism 31/21
Demarini CF 31/21
Rawlings QP balanced 31/21
Mizuno PC 31/20
LXT 31/19, LXT 31/20
LXT 31/21
Mizuno PC 31/21
RXT 31/21

Least balanced (or heaviest swinging):
Demarini FNX 31/21
Demarini Insane 31/21
Rawlings QP Endload 31/21
Xeno 31/20
Xeno 31/21
Ghost 31/20
Ghost 31/21
PXT 31/21

Look in weight database, the small ghosts seem to run most over sticker

See if people tell me I'm an idiot or about correct, lol.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I would also be careful on weights that only have like one weight was listed, you don't really know for sure in that situation.
I would tend to flow more towards what is more common knowledge. CFs are close and some underweight. Ghosts
are an ounce over. Xenos are over. LXTs are close. PCs are close. Quatro Endloads are an ounce over. Quatros are like
a half ounce over or so. For example, I have weighed a few hundred Ghosts, I can count on one hand
the ones under an ounce overweight, and they were barely under an ounce. Now in the one guy's
weight thread...he did ONE in 31 and 33 and they were well under an ounce. I have never seen it
and no idea how they weighed like that, but if you take only one weight for concrete, you may assume
something that isnt the norm.

Take that rough, very broad info and then look at the database and use that to get more info for yourself. The database was
started to try and give people a rough idea before buying, but when only one bat is listed, you cant take that
one weight is concrete fact or if that one bat is a bit over or under what is the norm.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018
DD is giving the RXT a chance this spring. Has been working with it all winter and has found it to be balanced. I got a deal from a neighbor who works for Wilson, so the price was right. It is a two piece composite, so it is stiffer like the Xeno but has the balance of the LXT.

Apr 20, 2019
I dont see anyone mentioning the Axe Avenge in any of these discussions. I realize they are fairly new to the market but the design is gaining widespread popularity in the baseball including MLB. My daughter used the Axe Element 33/21(Aluminum) as a 12U player and was pleased with pop and control. She now uses the 2019 Avenge 33/23 in 14U. We have not tried the 2020 Avenge but apparently they've made significant improvements in new bat, which would be impressive as the 2019 is quite lively. Would be interested to know if anyone has tried. I know that Axe has a 30 day money back guarantee but kinda hard this time of year since we live in Northeast.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06