Bat Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 20, 2022
Cincinnati
My daughter swings a Ghost Advanced which broke last weekend. Her batting average before this weekend was .583. She plays mostly college showcases. This weekend she used a bat which is balanced. She struggled behind the plate with poor quality hits. Could the difference of end loaded bat vs balanced bat be part of the poor quality hits tnis weekend? Nothing else was any different. Same level pitchers as previous weekend. Thanks for your help

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Maybe. One weekend isn't a lot of data.

And it might not be the physical difference of the bat. Could be using a different bat did something to her mindset. I'm using a different bat...oh no!

My DD used a backup LXT while her Ghost was in the shop. Messed with her head for a weekend. Then it didn't.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Were the bats the same size and weight? What was the model of the other bat? I am not sure one weekend of games is enough to determine if it was the bat or not. Many people get very particular about a certain model of bat they use, and it gets in their head, so it's not always the bat, if you know what I mean.

Also, maybe the pitchers spun the ball better than on previous weekends. I would monitor but not panic yet.

Jul 20, 2022
Cincinnati
Were the bats the same size and weight? What was the model of the other bat? I am not sure one weekend of games is enough to determine if it was the bat or not. Many people get very particular about a certain model of bat they use, and it gets in their head, so it's not always the bat, if you know what I mean.

Also, maybe the pitchers spun the ball better than on previous weekends. I would monitor but not panic yet.
Bats were the same size. She has been swinging the Ghost Advanced and when it broke she swung the 2018 Ghost this weekend. From what I have read, the Advanced is end loaded and the 2018 Ghost is balanced. Both are 32/10

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Bats were the same size. She has been swinging the Ghost Advanced and when it broke she swung the 2018 Ghost this weekend. From what I have read, the Advanced is end loaded and the 2018 Ghost is balanced. Both are 32/10
There were two models of the Ghost made that year. The Blue/Grey was much more popular than the Gold/Grey version, which was the USSSA-approved bat. The 2018 model was more balanced, but I have seen girls swing both without it interfering with their mechanics.

Do you have a replacement coming for the Advanced, or is this a long-term switch? I wouldn't worry too much about it if it's just a short-term switch.

Jul 20, 2022
Cincinnati
There were two models of the Ghost made that year. The Blue/Grey was much more popular than the Gold/Grey version, which was the USSSA-approved bat. The 2018 model was more balanced, but I have seen girls swing both without it interfering with their mechanics.

Do you have a replacement coming for the Advanced, or is this a long-term switch? I wouldn't worry too much about it if it's just a short-term switch.
It is the blue/grey Ghost

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The ADV isnt end loaded unless you technically get a drop8 or 9. The bat is just a little overweight like most
Eastons. I will even bet the blue Ghost she swung was over 22oz as well by quite a bit. The blue Ghost
was not more balanced...the first batches were pretty decent, but ones after that were typical overweight. Just
depends what you got...haha. Even the first ADVs werent bad weight wise but went to its typical ounce +/-
afterwards.

Now, they do swing a bit differently feel wise, so that could be some of the reason. But using one
bat for a while, then using a different one with no BP sessions to get back into the feel of the blue Ghost
may have caused some of the "off"ness. Also could be she just had a bad weekend as well...as hitting
is very mental. You have a bad swing, then all of a sudden its "the bat". Then it rolls downhill from there.

Bats are in stock, so warranty will be pretty fast turnaround

Oct 4, 2018
Maybe. One weekend isn't a lot of data.

And it might not be the physical difference of the bat. Could be using a different bat did something to her mindset. I'm using a different bat...oh no!

My DD used a backup LXT while her Ghost was in the shop. Messed with her head for a weekend. Then it didn't.

Yes, I think it's more mental than anything.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00