Best announcer lines from CWS, 2017 edition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2015
It was full count 2 outs runner on first. Obviously the runner takes off on the pitch. Announcer says that coach put the hit and run on there.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
OK, so this one cracked me up but I don't remember who said it. "Her riseball is really breaking hard upward those last three feet." How about this classic. "Good bunters learn how to bunt the ball with the last 2 inches of the bat." (I could count on one hand the number of balls bunted in fair territory on the last 2 inches of the bat.)

Edited to add:

I think that Amanda has been very good in the booth for this tournament. A couple of others have made me raise an eyebrow or two.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Michelle Smith's understanding of the finer technical aspects of the game has evolved since her playing days as much as her hairstyle IMO.

May 13, 2012
Not sure who but think it was smith, "she keeps the rise just under the batters hands". I thought the point of a rise or high fb was to just get it over the hands and bat.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Did you see the air that Barnhill got on that pitch Pendly just hit? She was a good 3 inches off the ground with that back foot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad