Be Excited-Its Friday Check!!! 12/11/15

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I hear theres a great basketball program starting in your area? Any chances she'll join? LOL

Not bloody likely!!! In related news...when I picked Maddie up from her after-school program yesterday, she was in the midst of a basketball game! I was not happy. :mad:

May 22, 2015
Illinois
Tomorrow afternoon DD is having her 12th birthday party with her friends. She chose laser tag to do of all things lol. Sunday she is doing a slap hitting clinic that Emily Allard does and she is stoked about that. If the rain holds off she will have practice with her travel ball team Sunday afternoon.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
DD2 has middle school tourney....DD1 helps coach and calls pitches.....DD2 will not let DD1 visit circle when she throws 3 balls in a row.....It has been fun watching them because defense has actually been good when a ball is hit.
I'm going deer hunting tomorrow with DS1 and my nephew...Going to make them carry it back....DD2 club team is off until Jan......

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Headed to the University of Delaware 2 day camp. Hoping for another good showing for DD this fall and that her shoulder isn't too sore. Physical Therapy seems to be working.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Organizational Christmas party tomorrow followed by a catching clinic at UAB on Sunday. We still have two basketball games and a county tourney for the school next weekend and basketball will be over. She is looking forward to Jan 9 when Alabama allows school teams to start throwing and drills without bats involved. She has a chance to play varsity as a 7th grader and is ready to get to work and earn a spot.

My DD played her normal fall travel schedule but added school volleyball followed three days later by basketball. By the end of October she was worn out. I let her make the decision to shut down hitting and catching lessons until after Christmas. She was begging to hit last weekend and can't wait to put her gear on Sunday. The small break was huge for her.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
DD has an indoor dome game then the team Christmas party/gift exchange. DS has basketball, then we'll try to make the party. Other than that, time to start wrapping DW's gifts and get them under the tree!

Mar 20, 2012
Sacramento, CA
DD travel team needs a couple more girls, so we have a tryout Saturday morning, then High School fund raising comity meeting Saturday night. Sunday DD gets to help me make 7 dozen cookies to hand out to fleet accounts at work on Monday. Tuesday we go throw with possible new pitching coach...you know...just the normal stuff.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD 3's TB team started winter practices a few weeks ago. Having a great time. The HC doesn't show up until after hockey season is over (upper midwest and all that), and he coaches two softball TB teams, but the parents acting as AC are doing really well.

DD 3's PC is running free pitching clinics at the local HS. Pitching clinics for HS girls and 8th graders start in January. The catcher for DD 3's TB team is also headed for the same HS, and has agreed to catch for her in the clinics. I am trying to help out the PC by contacting TB coaches who have 8th grade pitchers and catchers headed for that HS.

Friday of next week DW, DS, and all 3 DDs fly to NYC for a couple of weeks to visit DW's family. Since I am working in the NYC area, and staying with DW's family in NYC, that means I will get to have all the humans in my family with me for 2 weeks. Yay! I miss my dog, though. My Husky will stay in Wisconsin where it is nice and cold.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I'm sitting at the park while DD has a hitting lesson. It's 70 degrees! Then heading to the mall for DD to buy her "boyfriend" a gift. LOL; 6th grade puppy love!
Three basketball games tomorrow. Shipping kids off to Grandma's tonight and taking a party bus down to a fancy restaurant with 5 other couples and one of the couples pays for it all (their annual gift to all of us)! We have an Imperial size bottle of bordeaux to take (equivalent to 8 bottles); it's huge.

It's not this bottle of wine; just demonstrating the size (and that's not me either; stock footage):

http://www.refinedguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/1947-chateau-cheval-blanc-imperial.jpg

I'm anticipating a hangover tomorrow.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Saturday we had catching clinic for our catchers and since it was 64 degrees here and partly sunny, we were able to go outside and work on pop-ups. Not bad for NE Ohio in mid-December. Today is Christmas Brunch with Dad and his wife since they leave to spend Christmas with her family. In the Afternoon DD has a DH in her indoor HS league.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma