batting helmets

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2012
So I am looking into getting a new batting helmet for my daughter. Right now she has an easton and complains of vision issues.
So does anyone have one they would reccomend.
We have been looking at the Boombah, the rip it and the schutt helmets.
Any help would be great
Thanks

Dec 11, 2010
Rip-it.

You never hear anyone complain about them. Both DD's prefer them. DD#1 has a Schutte on her summer team but HS team has Rip-it. The Schutte is a nice helmet but weighs 34 oz. Her Rip-it weighs 28.

Dec 11, 2010
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z200/westwind4466/image-1.jpg

The Rip-it was bought new for '02 DD in August of 11. Back then that was a new model helmet and they only offered one model. They have been practicing hard and playing full spring/summer/fall schedule and I see that we prob ought to think about replacing them after state/nationals. Helmet is solid but I doubt we can just replace pads, one of pads in her helmet is just plain wore through.

I believe link above is hot, I looked at the forum help but cant figure out how to put photo on post... Little help, Blue?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2013
According to DD, Rip It is the best-she previously wore a Schutt and complained of it being too heavy and hard to see out of.

Jun 13, 2013
Rip-It... if she still has issues, use the same helmet with a battle helmet mask (clear plastic).. although rip-it mask should be good enough.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid