Batting gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2014
We have always gone with whatever is comfortable and fits nice and snug so nothing bunches up or slips.

Jul 23, 2014
Grip is really the only reason to have them so in my opinion that is the performance to judge them by. Like anything else there are scales like material (leather, faux leather), some have mesh for breathability, some have extra padding. As long as my daughter likes the feel and the fit is right we go with it. The last couple of sets we've gotten were in the $20 range per pair.

There is so little difference between brands other than fir to differentiate with. We just go with what fits at the time as she won't have them long.

DD uses up a pair in 2-3 months and loses them more often than that.

May 12, 2014
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. I've seen some with a "protective" thin insert shield that cost $40. I didn't want to spend that much if I didn't have to.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
I tend to agree with the feel and fit advice. I'm always willing to pay a little more for the better fit/feel, but I don't have a specific favorite to recommend. One thing to check is thumb fit: have DD put the glove on an spread her thumb and index finger as wide as possible; then check for air space between the glove and the skin between the thumb and index finger. Airspace there is bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red