Batting Cages - fencing vs. netting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
I see a lot that use both - netting hung within a chain link enclosure.

I'd vote for that as the best and maybe take the netting out after the season ends in the fall and store it away from the snow and ice? ...Oh, wait, you're fairly far south. I was in ATL at Christmas time once and was walking around in my shirtsleeves. You might be able to leave it all up winter most years. :)

Mar 26, 2013
I see a lot that use both - netting hung within a chain link enclosure.
I'd vote for that as the best and maybe take the netting out after the season ends in the fall and store it away from the snow and ice? ...Oh, wait, you're fairly far south. I was in ATL at Christmas time once and was walking around in my shirtsleeves. You might be able to leave it all up winter most years. :)
We don't take them down - leave them up year round. At our HS, we could take them down for the summer to cut down on some of the sun (UV) damage because that is the only time of the year they aren't used.

It's shortsleeve weather today - supposed to be 73. :cool:

Apr 1, 2010
You guys are killing me! It's pretty nice for December in KC right now--mid 50's and overcast, but there's a freezing rain advisory starting at 7 pm tonight and a forecast of snow for the weekend.

Mar 26, 2013
If it makes you feel any better, they cancelled our game today.

Weather looks okay for our alumni game on Saturday - 65 and clear. I highly recommend holding one for those that can do it. It is a fun reunion and it's also educational for the HS girls to hear about playing in college from alumni that have been through at least 1 season at the different levels (D1-3, NAIA and JuCo).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasmith987