My DD can hit!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I'm definitely interested. I'm watching the games now, didn't even know you could watch them until someone mentioned watchESPN. I'm looking at the outfield view and seeing the church thinking to myself, "Hey, I've driven right by there!" We've never gone to any college softball or baseball games even though we live here. It would be really nice to actually meet someone with a player on the team. All of my family are introverts so it takes "knowing" someone to get us out of our shells beyond the occasional Durham Bulls game. After years in baseball my DD is starting to warm up to softball and just joined her first travel team @ 14. It'd be real nice to make connections with people that have been through the process and while my DD doesn't care to watch any game on TV, she'll absolutely watch live games. Again, very awesome and super happy for you and your family!!!!

Come find me at any home game, would love to talk softball with your and your DD!

Aug 26, 2015
JAD I hate you for making me watch so much Duke (deep shudder), but I love you for sharing the journey of a fellow DFPer (and Georgian) for those of us looking down the road. Keep it up Kat....despite being a Dukie!

Oct 4, 2016
That is so awesome! I'm new(er) to DFP so I'm just getting to know about her and the Duke program but so far I'm enjoying watching her! I knew she was a good pitcher from what I had read on here but had no clue about her hitting!

I teared up watching both HR's listening to your voice! I hope you let her hear your pride too! I can only imagine how excited you and your family are! Good luck to her the rest of the season! Can't wait to see more!

Dec 6, 2016
JAD...I thought I would share this with you (and other parents who have kids in sports...there are younger kids out there that think your kid is a hero):

My daughter is a huge fan of Katherine. We live fairly close to you guys (next county over) and we would see you most weeks at pitching lessons...although me or my daughter have never introduced ourselves. My daughter takes lessons from Adrienne, as well. We would either be before you or after you a lot of the time and she would beg me to stay and watch Katherine. We would also be out eating (usually at Monterrey) and my daughter would come running to me saying "Katherine is here!!" There would be other times when we would be at the same park for a tournament and after her games, my daughter would make me "go find Katherine" so she could watch her pitch.

We were so excited to hear about her commitment to Purdue (of course after hearing about that, my daughter mysteriously wanted to play for Purdue) and the disappointment of what followed and then the excitement of the signing with Duke. We are going through the recruiting process right now and I am constantly referring back to Katherine's story as lessons to teach my daughter that the process is not an easy one. She has been a topic of our conversations in our house for years now.

All this to say, you or Katherine have no idea that my daughter exists, but she has been looking at Katherine as a hero for years.

BTW...Congrats on the year she is having so far. I know it makes you so proud!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
JAD...I thought I would share this with you (and other parents who have kids in sports...there are younger kids out there that think your kid is a hero):

My daughter is a huge fan of Katherine. We live fairly close to you guys (next county over) and we would see you most weeks at pitching lessons...although me or my daughter have never introduced ourselves. My daughter takes lessons from Adrienne, as well. We would either be before you or after you a lot of the time and she would beg me to stay and watch Katherine. We would also be out eating (usually at Monterrey) and my daughter would come running to me saying "Katherine is here!!" There would be other times when we would be at the same park for a tournament and after her games, my daughter would make me "go find Katherine" so she could watch her pitch.

We were so excited to hear about her commitment to Purdue (of course after hearing about that, my daughter mysteriously wanted to play for Purdue) and the disappointment of what followed and then the excitement of the signing with Duke. We are going through the recruiting process right now and I am constantly referring back to Katherine's story as lessons to teach my daughter that the process is not an easy one. She has been a topic of our conversations in our house for years now.

All this to say, you or Katherine have no idea that my daughter exists, but she has been looking at Katherine as a hero for years.

Next time you get the chance, go introduce yourself. I would bet both JAD and Katherine are very welcoming.

In my experience, every single college player that my DD has had the chance to meet (about a dozen, at this point) has been very gracious and kind.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia

PLEASE introduce yourself the next time you are around! Would love to meet you and your DD. We also LOVE Adrienne - she played a HUGE roll in Katherine’s success!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles