Batting 9 vs roster batting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2017
Having 9 players with the current "circumstances" would pretty much guarantee you don't have enough players for half your tournaments..If the "bottom" players are getting ABs in pool play they have ample opportunity to show their stuff and move into the bracket lineup.
I think we have managed to have 10 at practice once so far, the rest of the time it's been7-8 due to said "circumstances".

May 11, 2014
What would it matter, obviously the last few players suck and are only on the team for filler spots and will not help the team win and isn't winning everyone's god.

Jun 8, 2016
What would it matter, obviously the last few players suck and are only on the team for filler spots and will not help the team win and isn't winning everyone's god.
lol..you are horrible at sarcasm but I will bite.

If you have less than 9 players you will have zero chance to win since you won’t be able to play..

May 17, 2012
How about if players come to practice and put in work at home like the rest of the team.

Well you picked them for your team at some point I assume. Did you communicate that if they didn't attend practice and progress they could be cut from the team?

If you didn't it just sounds like buyers remorse.

Dec 5, 2017
Well you picked them for your team at some point I assume. Did you communicate that if they didn't attend practice and progress they could be cut from the team?

If you didn't it just sounds like buyers remorse.
I didn't pick them. We joined an established team. Coach said she was cutting about 4 or 5. One quit, she cut one and then didn't have the heart to cut more. It was communicated that attendance and progress would affect playing time. Given to them in writing and discussed at the first parent meeting. I also have a hard time sitting 12 yo girls even if they "deserve" it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi